Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

stand alone between arcs

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
MarciaA
Global Mod

stand alone between arcs

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 pm

D. L. Power says:
So... Twips182: You'd vote to see a Sara book, between the main arcs? It would be stand alone, which would mean that there is more world establishing shots, from her perspective. I wasn't thinking of doing one for her, but she certainly get's around enough, and has connections that could make things interesting.

Right now I'm thinking of doing books for:

Gerent Lairdgren
Terry Baker
Bonita Lairdgren
Dorgal Sorvee
Rue Kincaid
Countess Maria Ward

Now, clearly, I'm not doing all of them! I should set up a vote over at the P.S Power web-site and see who people really want to read about, and at what lengths. maybe see if people have any suggestions as to other people they'd like to see in that line.

Also, remember that you can talk about anything here. New science, political problems what have you. Just keep it civil and it will be one of the best forums on the web right now. :D

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: stand alone between arcs

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:48 am

I'm about to start the next Young Ancients, which will be the last in the first major arc! It's from Tiera's perspective, so far. (That's the plan!) If all goes well, it will be out in December of this year.

Then I'll be on to some of those other books for a bit, before starting the next major arc.

Now would be a good time to start making suggestions.

*I don't promise that the person you pick won't be killed in the next book. Given what;s going on in that world, it will be hard to guarantee anyone's safety.

**What, you thought I actually picked that out based on what I wanted to have happen? :)

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Well I think I made my Maria Ward choice pretty obvious... ;) We can call it "Fifty Shades of Ancients"....

Rue Kincaid would be my next just to get more background on Austra.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Dang it Dale this is a trap. I have made it clear that my vote is for Sara but I don't want her dead. For that matter I don't want Maria killed either because Tor still has to make up with her properly. I don't know maybe I can get with some of the others and we can get a restraining order or something before you start writing so that she can't be killed. Would that be civil court or criminal court? Little help from the lawyer readers please. I know a lot of people like Timon Tutone but I can't stand the little sh!t. One of the biggest smiles I have had while reading these books is Tor slapping him down with little effort after Timmy and his hussy tried to kill him. Don't care if Tor was the "bad" guy or not. So there it is I'm glad we could all work this out and come to an agreement. Sara ties the story together in the stand alone book and Timmy and the Tramp get waxed. :D

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 pm

It was Kolb and Tiera that Tor took out after causing some kind of nasty feedback on the device Trice had. Timon is not a physical fighter. Timon just kicked Trice through the shop window to get Tor to pay attention to what he had to say. That I imagine made some of the anti Trice readers happy, but Timon figured she let him because her shield did not activate.

Austra is a mess after the attacks so I imagine Rues story would be pretty intense. Though it would be fun to bring back as a cameo the Austran girl that interviewed Tor at the end of Slave Line.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:39 pm

I keep leaning towards Sara too (Shades of Sara?)
One of Rue or Maria would be good too.

Tho I think a Sara one might be kinda sad, unrequited love for Tor, being used by nobles, having to be available to the kings needs for Noram... she's not had much happiness has she?

Rue could be interesting... see Austra through her eyes... esp after that tidal wave! Wonder what she's up to over there. And how are they going to have TV or phones after Timon takes out the satalites?? That in itself would be interesting! Seeing an electronic culture go blank and have to learn to deal in a new way... maybe they'll get the Lairdgren group to make them communication devices? Or just go back to dial phones. What is Rue going to do now? Tv is gone... I guess the movies would still work tho.

Maria... well HOT & STEAMY that one would be! Maybe. It might be all about how she and Marvin are dealing with the war, how most don't trust them, how they're straddling the fence to look like they're against, and yet be for the King. We'd see Debbie and Martya, and most likely Petra.

Terry Baker I hadn't even considered, but hummm I'd have to check the last book, but wasn't he at the Wildlands learning to fight? AND he's a builder, and baker.. I know he isn't an ancient (unless they just didn't notice?).

Gerent and Bonita, both would be interesting but not high on my list.

Dorgal might be good, if we could learn more about the assassin's guild! And learn more about their father's family.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 am

Right now I'm leaning toward Gerent myself. Still, these books are just there to flesh things out a bit.

I could do anyone that's alive at the end of the first arc.

*I have no plans to kill anyone in particular, but it can happen.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 pm

John it was 4 against 1 and Trice made the first move to kill Tor. The others joined in and lost. Timon recognized that it was a lost cause and took the chance on his plan which I admit was quick thinking. I'll also admit that I liked the fact that Timon continued to try and reason with Tor giving him every chance to see what was going on before the fight. Trice on the other hand who has always tried to worm in with Tor had no problem trying to hurt him once again. I'm thinking even Tor has to see that maybe she should be kept at a safe distance.

Dale the only think I don't like about a Gerent book is that he was only there towards the end of the arc. Was kinda hoping to get some background stuff on what was going on that Tor couldn't see. Sara was there through the whole thing and could give all kinds of insights. //Twips sticks his tongue out at John Baughn :mrgreen:

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Greetings everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but not new to the P S Power books, and especially the Young Ancients arc. Let me see if I have the players correctly identified: Dale is P S Power? The other respondents are readers who have opinions?
:?:

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:22 am

Hi JJmcafee! Your assumptions are correct. Oh btw don't mind the whole tongue thing above. John and I have been in a battle over requested content and he did sic Julie Andrews on me first. Not that I don't have mental problems....I'm just saying :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”