Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Sara book

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Sara book

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 am

Lol Ron the brown paper wrapper thing was great. It would be cool if Dale could write the book with certain content concealed for release and then give out a code here on the forum to open up the juicy bits.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am

I know that one of the other authors I reads has a few books that she outs out where there are two versions. A Young Adult version and a "Full" Adult version. The titles are the same, except for the Full version has an "X" tacked on the end of it...

Maybe something along these lines would work with a disclaimer for the more adult/graphic of the two.

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Yeah, I know an author like that as well, two version of books. He still gets bugged about it though. Nasty reviews even though the non exotic book is right there to buy.

That said I fully support the idea. LOL

Wilford Tibbetts
Early Reader

Unread postby Wilford Tibbetts » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Wouldn't mind reading books for Sara and Maria, myself. :D

Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"
RedWolfeXR
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby RedWolfeXR » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:57 am

I found Sara interesting, but really a minor character as far as development. (IOW other that not getting either the prince OR Tor she wasn't tortured much)

Quite a bit less development than Colette as long as you are just into pretty blondes. :) I mean during the first book when we were led to believe that the story was going to be a fairly tame fantasy trope she was mainly the girl that the Prince was seeing who was too low station for him.

I mean she always felt to me to be more an "asset" than an actual spy. She never was asked to do anything similar to what Trice did, for example. (Giving up her relationship with Tor the first time so painfully, acting as a prostitute, running the geraint operation, ect..) Joining the military as a messenger/pilot ect... its not something she might not have done anyway. Only place she didn't really fit in so directly was the trip in the boat.

Of course we only ever SEE two merchant houses and the other one is a Assassins Guild. Still a bit uncertain how the Merchant houses fit in between the very small minority of nobles and commoners given the later disclosures about the social engineering between Green and Cordes.

She probably DOES have an interesting viewpoint, though. We never really see the world through someone who actually ISN'T noble.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:55 am

In case I haven't mentioned it before I think Sara is a great character and would really like to see her featured in her own book. :)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm

RedWolfeXR brings up an interesting point. As powerful as Debri House is or at least as we inferred should they not at least be a Barony?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”