Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Will you ever explain what the infection is?

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mojo
Avid Reader

Will you ever explain what the infection is?

Unread postby Mojo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am

Do you think you will ever explain what the infection is and where it came from?

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Will you ever explain what the infection is?

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 am

Yes. Very near the end of the series. I don't have that set yet, but I know the plan.

Though you can start to put parts of it together already, if you pay attention to the books so far. Others have worked out more, of course... (People from other worlds.)

Not a lot though, so, no you probably won't just guess at it. :) It's big enough I don't want to give it away until near the end. Also, of course, once that kind of thing is known, it will forever alter the tone of the series in the minds of the readers. So, it'd for the best that I don't say yet.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am

Ha! Dale may not, but I'll give you the hint. Read "Shine" Dale's latest book! There is the best explanation of how the "infection" works. Its explained by Tor as told to him by his brother Tim. But I'm not gonna tell you, read all about it in "Shine"!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am

Yeah, I thought of that too, but it adds more questions than it answers. Fun to speculate about though.

MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am

I have a guess, so I can’t wait till it gets explained to see how close I got. One of the best things to do with Dale’s books is to see if you have payed enough attention and make guesses to see if you interpreted the hints correctly.

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 am

I am willing to be that you won't guess it. Not yet. (Unless you are psychic... In that case, don't let the secret out!) :)

Not that it's that big of a deal, just that, when such things are known, they tend to influence the story. so it will be a while until I put that part on a book, I think.

*Unless I have to quit writing for some reason. In which case I will tie everything up first, if at all possible. You know, if a comet is about to hit, or I have to go into a different line of work to stay alive for a while.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”