Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Shine

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Shine

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:30 pm

An old man, minutes from death, with a mysterious past, must overcome fate itself.

Howard led a full life. Full of theft, thievery, stolen goods and black markets. Now, in the moment of his death, he gets a second chance at life. A chance to use what he loves most, stealing, to take down the worst people in the world.

Gifted with the power to enter another world, via mirrors, a once great thief is also made young again. Along with his new friend, Tabby, and some familiar people from the government... He will change the world.

*The rough draft is done! Editing begins in the morning. Look for it in at the beginning of December.

**I might have also kind of pointed out a real international pedophile ring, if in fiction... So I could be kind of killed for this one. It's book one of a trilogy. I'll hurry, just in case. Once it is out,.. please tell your friends?

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Shine

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm really excited about this new project! The current plan is for it to go up Friday... Which means me putting it up in about six hours!

Get ready and remember, tell your friends and let people know that this is out? Nothing is as much fun as sharing a new world with someone. Those poor people, kept in the dark like they are... Without knowing what the are missing. No one wants to doom friends, family, or strangers online to that fate, do they?

(Well, maybe some of the strangers online, but it would be best to tell them anyway. Who knows, maybe a bit of light reading will help them feel better?)

*That's my sales pitch on this. Also, if you get a chance, please leave a review right off? If they are good, I can get an advertising campaign going for once. It might not help, but it might...

Thanks, everyone! You are all pretty special to me.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Shine is now in publishing!

We should start a new thread when the link it up... I'll probably be asleep by then, so if you are up, and see it, that would be very cool!

Thanks. I hope everyone enjoys the new book and series. If you do, remember to shill it to everyone you can without seeming insane or like I paid you to do it. (After all, I'm not paying you for it, so there are limits to what can be expected, right? I mean, so, like, singing about it on a street corner is probably out? or holding a sandwich board on a street? That isn't going to happen, is it? But... You know if you are already talking books and just happen to have a sandwich board ready, that would be okay, don't you think?)

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 pm

It’s available, but not on KU? Bought my copy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZHBRB2

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 am

I clicked the KU button, so it's probably just being slow. I might have to do it again, but I definitely did it this time. Then, they had a warning up that their system is being buggy right now. This isn't surprising to me for some reason.

I'll work on that ASAP, if I can at all. I may not be able to.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks for the link David!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:36 pm

It made me do the KU thing separately. There are a lot of sudden changes on the Amazon side of things... (As far as layout and all that.)

Also, there is a warning on the reports screen that they are having problems with reports and royalties. This issue seems to have been an issue for a while. If they are seeking to address it, or how they are doing that, I have not been informed in any fashion. (Of course. The Zon is one of the MOST secretive businesses in America. They don't tell people much at all, if not forced to by law.)

Also for books seem to be down overall (So it isn't a me-side problem, thankfully!) which means that a lot of people are going to have a hard Christmas season, as far as book sales go.

I'm actually doing better this time! Please keep those reviews coming in, however. I think it might be the only thing that is going to work anymore. The ads I am paying for are doing very, very little. (Except costing money, of course!) Each good review that goes up seems to be boosting the stats however, meaning that it is really having a huge impact.

Since I refuse to buy reviews (being against the rules as it is...) which is how come books that have fewer readers have ten or twenty times my reviews, it's pretty much in the hands of the readers.

All I can do is suggest that it would be nice to see everyone chiming in, if they have the time for it? For all of you who can get yourselves to do it, thank you, in advance. For the rest of you...

Well, if you can get the time, please consider it? It might be the only thing that makes a difference, right now.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Sorry took me so long to leave my review! Just did it.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 am

Yay! :)

Thanks. Actually, thanks to everyone!

*I just found out about KU scammers as something more than a rumor. Apparently, people ripping off KU are responsible for the huge problems Amazon is having with their books for nearly the last year! It's costing millions of dollars a month and driving buyers away.

Which is sad. Still, good to know that it probably isn't me! (I'd hate to be driving all the customers away, you know?)

MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 am

I don’t recall having seen any ads for your books, unless it was only on one occasion and I considered it to be interesting but not memorable of course, although I don’t spend all that much time simply searching amazon for books if that’s were they are.
You know, just in case you were wondering how the ads were doing, extra data points are almost always useful.

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”