Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Infected Ripped to Shreds-Asunder is going live now!

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
PS Power
Site Admin

The Infected Ripped to Shreds-Asunder is going live now!

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:18 pm

I hurried and got it up now, since we may lose power in the heavy snow that's building up.

So just in case, I thought of all of you first thing!

Yes, it is "Ripped to Shreds" not "Torn to Shreds" you would think that I'd have gotten that one right by now, but it was just a poor subtitle for the series. I'll do better in the future. (I hope.)

I'm putting my predictions for the coming year up now as well, just in case things go down here.

Thanks everyone.

Have a super happy new Year!

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: The Infected Ripped to Shreds-Asunder is going live now!

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:23 pm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBQHI5M/

But it's currently not available via KU.

Not a big deal as I intend to buy it anyway, but given that I'm about to go to bed, I'll wait to buy it till after I wake up. If it's available via KU by then, I'll do that first (and scroll to the end of the book) before buying it...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:15 pm

I signed up for KU... Let me check that again. They recently changed how they format the book setup, and I had that problem last time as well. I had to sign up twice to make it work for that.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:17 pm

I just checked: Yes, I had to sign up twice. It seems to be what they are requiring now? No big, but it means that the KU numbers are a little slower to start with than they used to be.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Gosh dang it! I keep trying to get some writing done and here comes Dale with another book. I'm never going to get caught up with my commitments. Well, I'll just blow throw this one and get back to work tonight. Who needs sleep anyway?

Any chance we might see a new Tony Winters in the future? He is the best boy ever, you know.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:59 pm

ok.. got it now....

btw: Publication Date: December 31, 2016

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 am

Darn it!

They do that all the freaking time! Only NOT consistently. I didn't even start the process until the whole world was onto 2017! Grrr...

Well, it doesn't really matter. Amazon is failing at a platform for books right now. I don't know if all e-books are going that way or if it's just them at the moment. Hopefully it picks back up?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:37 pm

From my perspective, I don't see how e-books CAN fail. They are certainly more cost effective and greener than paper, hard or soft cover. There are at least two circumstances that might negate that, however. One, as readership ages the readers die off. I notice so many younger people don't read books much, more like reading posts. Playing games and that sort of thing. Secondly, there may be less disposable income available for literary entertainment. THAT is one of MY concerns. Fortunetly, I have gifters that love me, or are at least willing to buy me off with gift cards. People that care about appearances will probably go with hardcover. Everyone else, if they're intelligent enough, will go with the e-book. I also think Amazon's business model is too good to fail at this point. It would take someone willing to publish for free, or underwrite authors, to ruin it.

Unless Amazon is planning to spin off Kindle and its publishing arm. Its happened to the business I worked for. GM decided Saginaw Steering Gear was too deversified from their intent to just build cars. Even though SSG was quite profitable. I guess it was too distracting. Beyond that they (GM) didn't like the fact that we (SSG), a mere supplier, were making as much as their final assembly people were there by causing a wage spiral. In union v. management, that's known as whipsawing, pitting one labor force against another to artificially inflate or deflate wages. Sorry, got caught there. Bad memories.

Any way, those are my thoughts.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:22 pm

What's going on with Amazon and books is a sudden drop off of sales. They are hiding it, but it's stiff. To a level that a lot of authors are wondering if the books are being cooked.

In SOME places this has been caught out. KU has a flaw if you use something called page flip? It counts each book you use with it as one page, if you return to the front of the book when you are finished with it. (Instead of leaving on the last page?) Now, this probably isn't a huge thing, but when approached with the information and proof, Amazon shrugged and basically said they aren't even going to try and fix it.

Sales have dropped a lot, even as I do pretty well, personally. I wasn't kidding when I said that I think this will be a really big year for me as an author...

But I'm one of the lucky few that way.

There are some problems with the Zon right now. One big one is that Trump is on the record as gunning for them, claiming they are a monopoly. That could be an issue.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 pm

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, however at least one author (and I can't remember who, right now) is pulling out of KU due to poor performance. He feels KU is costing him book sales and returning too little in fees. As an indie I don't think his sales are too high, so maybe that's why.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”