Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Infected Ripped to Shreds-Asunder is going live now!

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: The Infected Ripped to Shreds-Asunder is going live now!

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

My take is a little bit different, especially now that I've had time to think about it.

While sales are dropping, across the board, it seems to be about the economy, nothing else. KU does hurt sales, but pulling out of it doesn't increase anything. You still have low sales, people just don't borrow your books, so that revenue stream vanishes, and your ratings on Amazon drop.

I'm all in on KU, for the time being. If nothing else, we certainly live in interesting times!

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm

How does the KU income (if someone reads a full book) compare to the income from outright selling a book currently?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 pm

It depends on the book and the price?

A .99 cent SALE makes me about .36 cents.
A 2.99 sale makes about 2.00 even (They get calculated at different rates.)

A book borrow (this number changes each month...) will earn about 1.36 or so. It also varies by length...

That is about a guess. It's close to that. So on the first books, or ones I want to push sales toward (hence lowering the price) I make far more on a borrow and read, compared to a simple sale.

The truth is though that I'd MUCH rather have a million reads and make enough to be comfortable than to have millions of dollars with my work just sitting there, gathering virtual dust.

:)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:23 am

Since rereading a purchased book gets you nothing, does reborrowing a book get you anything? My P. S. Power books don't gather virtual dust too much(I've reread your series many times). But if I reborrow, would it make a difference financially?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 am

No, what counts is the highest page number you've ever reached when reading the borrowed book. From the fact that it still remembers your current reading position after you return and re-borrow a book, you can see that they keep such information even after a book has been returned.

DAAgnew
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby DAAgnew » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 am

On the other hand it does seem to count "sets" as a different book, so if you make sure you read say the six separate infected for that page count then use the 6 in 1 release to reread it that is a unique book. Also even if you plan to buy a copy to always have at hand, you can still use KU to read on release then buy later (make sure to return and possible wait a few days) for double credits.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri May 05, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm nearly certain that the books only get counted the one time when read.
Not that it should stop you from rereading. Books should be enjoyed! I should probably also learn to write faster (Which I can do...) Because the joy is in the discovery of new things, not just revisiting old friends.

That too, but...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”