Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Hush (The Infected: Ripped to Shreds Book 1)

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
MarciaA
Global Mod

Hush (The Infected: Ripped to Shreds Book 1)

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Found it! :D

She knows your secrets...
Cindy Mableton leads a simple life. She works as a resource librarian. Her days are filled with books, and helping others learn and find out what they need.
Then, in the night, she kills.
Gifted with the power to read others like a book, Cin is driven to murder those that need to die. Now though, she is being hunted by the most dangerous people in the world. Impulse, the governments super-soldier, and Proxy, the death that can come at any time.
Can she learn enough to survive?
More to the point, can she survive long enough to keep her little hobby alive?
After all, it's the little things that make life worth living.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Hush (The Infected: Ripped to Shreds Book 1)

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:38 pm

So far no one has uncovered any of the Easter eggs in this. I don't think I'll tell this time either.

:)

lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:56 pm

I thought I saw a few here and there, but I might be jumping at shadows.

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Got it! Had to return another of Dale's books in Kindle Unlimited to get this one.

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Easter eggs? GAH! Now I've got to find them............ :shock:

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 pm

The next Alternate places will really rip the bandage off of what is going on for a lot of people, as far as the meaning of things. Though... I think that it's complicated enough that people will still have to guess at which of the potential paths things will take.

*I really want Easter candy now.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 pm

I had to resist buying some jelly beans today. Man... I wasn't kidding about that part of things.

:)

*Halfway through Alternate Places.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Well, I finally got the notification e-mail telling me "Hush" came out, after I'd already purchased, reread, and given a review on Amazon. Just a little slow there. Oh, well...I guess better late than never. Hey, I'm still waiting for the cops to show up for the attempted home invasion I called in...back in 1994. I am not joking. Houston Police Department, where justice delayed is no big deal as long as we have our coffee and donuts. Wow, how's that for spinning out on a tangent?

BTW, where was Mickey and Jake in Hush? Just curious.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Didn't appear as far as I could see. I think it was in the last Brian book two or three infected books ago was the last time they (he) was mentioned. However, I may have found one of those "Easter eggs" Dale talked about. Cindy meets Olga a large big breasted woman in the cafeteria on the base. Except for the predominant brow ridge thing, I think she may be Helgerude, Zack' s friend from the power lifting gym in Alternate Places. I'm on the second read through now and that's all I've found so far. Dale thinks it's easy to find these things. Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm having a tough time!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”