Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Who is Ken

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
kargren
Intermediate Reader

Who is Ken

Unread postby kargren » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 am

So in the first infected book a nurse named ken reads to brian about gwen being on another world. So who is ken? Is he a manifestation of brians newly awakened powers telling him about her and the world he needs to save or is he one of the reality hoppers we are starting to see in the new stories as they begin to merge?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Who is Ken

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Okay, I don't really know. But to catch up anyone who missed it, or any one who is just joining us, Dale(P.S. Power) once told us that in effect all his different books and storylines are inter-related. Some characters from one story( e.g. the Keeley-verse, Keeley, Zack, or Darla for example or their avatars may secretly turn up in another story, for example the Infected series. We all, at the time started guessing who may very well be who. There is a partial list somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look it up now. One I do remember is a two paragraph section in the LAMENT series where a "technician" aboard the LAMENT named Darla is described. Dale gave a nod of agreement by saying " Darla Is always Darla". So is Ken a figment of Brian's imagination? Don't think so. Is he someone else clueing Brian in ? Maybe. I remember there being a "Ken" in the Young Ancients series. Was it him? Could be. Only Dale knows for sure. It would be fun to start guessing again, but last time it almost drove me crazy. So start again, but only at your own risk.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:53 pm

I think Ken was in the Dead End Series, and we did have this conversation but I couldn't find it either... But Ronald did a pretty good job explaining the inter weaving of story lines, they will all start to converge soon. It's been fun guessing who is who from a different series making a cameo appearance.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks, Marcia. You know, it may have been on the old Amazon site. Does anyone remember? There may be a test.

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 am

P.S. There is always a test...

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Here's what I've got for Ken that will be going into the Wiki here someday.
[book:location] "quoted text" [end location (if different than start)]

[Proxy:332] “… a male nurse, Ken, walked him around the halls to make sure he got the exercise he could."

[Proxy:337] “Ken chuckled and told Brian that he’d see what they could come up with. The man did better than that, even helping him shave, since Brian couldn’t hold a razor yet.” [338]

[Proxy:361] “… and Ken the nurse who’d come and read the him, even if he couldn’t recall what the man had said. Something about a woman named Gwen stuck in another world?” [362]

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Nary
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Nary » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Infected: Ken the nurse

Dead End: Ken the kitchen kid/ Berserker

YA: Ken the kid who answers the palace communicator/ Austran? spy

Demonverse: Ken the kid sized vampire/ Tarsus alternate identity

All the Ken characters I remember off the top of my head. It's been a while since I've read Gwen Farris and Alternate places. I have yet to read The Lament or The Greasepaint Chronicles. Although it may be fun to go back and Play "Where's Waldo" see if the name pops up anywhere else.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Read the LAMENT series! It's a relatively short one, and really, well,... compact. I think I was able to pick out some of the visiting characters easily enough in that series. Not all of them use the same name. Try using character description or personality as a guide. (It was suggested that some characters may change sex as well.) Dale does include "Easter eggs" , as he said, but it's sometimes after the second or third reading that you notice them, at least for me. So just having 're-read the Dead End series and recalling Dale' s statement that Darla Is always Darla, then the seven year old vampire, Darla, in Dead End is Darla "The Technician" in Keeley, right?

Also, if you get the compendium, Tales of the End of the World, containing all the books of the Dead End series, you get to see how it can be done in the added bonus material at the end. Jake, Mickey Robson = Mickey sure shot in the Infected series.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”