Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Hush (the new Infected novel) is finished!

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Hush (the new Infected novel) is finished!

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:53 pm

I actually feel that your first theorem may be closer to Brian's rationalization. And I do think that it has affected him much as some of the Vietnam vets I know. It may not be a deep psychosis, but perhaps something like PTSD. A lot of the guys I knew came back feeling they gave their country the best even having killed often because they faraught an enemy of their country. But soon after the war, a lot of things were said that maybe the war wasn't such a good idea. It conflicted and undermined the vets values and morals enough to really screw some guys up. Afghanistan and Iraq kinda have the same feel. What I'm trying to say is that the third option, an average day at the office.. Well ...Brian suffered too much in his conscience for that to apply. .

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Perhaps, it would also help to know for sure that every time he went, he saved someone from dying and that the ones he killed were murderers. That makes a big difference.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 pm

No one can save everyone. True, they were people his power decided needed to be saved for a better future. That doesn't negate the fact he was stopping killers. In the second case he didn't kill anyone, he just ran, or escaped, he didn't kill every time, only when his power said it was necessary.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 pm

I believe the primary objective of his power was to prevent the person he replaced from being killed or attacked. If it took death, his own or the attackers, so be it. He only had one failure that I recall, well, two if you count the girl that was carrying the one infection that he was unable to save. So he got WAY good at fighting. And killing. ,

Okay, this is way off topic, but I'd like to remind Mr. Power that in the first book, when Brian is on his survival training he "misplaced" a day or two... that is an undeveloped plot point that still bugs me! Are you holding that off for something important or... what? Or should I just let it go.. (Yeah, like I can actually do that)

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”