Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Tyler G Discussion thread! Spoilers! Gangsters! Schoolgirls!

The new Trilogy set in the Demonverse!!
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Re: Tyler G Discussion thread! Spoilers! Gangsters! Schoolgi

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:25 am

I'm pretty much as straight as one can get without being homophobic and still wasn't bothered by this book at all. After all, our sexual preferences only work since we are human... the people in this book aren't even human so what they do for sex doesn't effect me/us at all so I can simply read it as entertaining and not disgusting or whatever since these are people simply having sex for fun since they can't even procreate... what difference does it make who they have sex with?

Side note, though Tyler is very hard to kill and can eventually kill greater demons/vampires if they keep attacking him and simply don't walk/run away... He is very very weak and simply has no stopping power whatsoever... A mage can throw a few fireballs at him, see they are doing nothing, then leave... Tyler doesn't chase people down as a rule and will simply let you leave... not much harm there. He is the pure definition of a neutral party.

Also I really hope the series leaves earth... the urban fantasy portion of this story should end now as there is nothing left worth doing on earth... Please turn this sci fi/full fantasy with same characters!!!!

Kurbz
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Kurbz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am

it's probably just more my style of reading, I strongly envision myself as the main character but if they do things that I would never do or I find really annoying/illogical, I struggle to keep reading. Hence why I don't really enjoy female lead stories because I can't really 'sink' into them deeply (I'm not really good at words but I hope this makes sense)

Having said that I've now read the Tyler G series and there really wasn't any homoerotic stuff at all so it was easy enough for me to ignore that side of things and just enjoy the story. I did enjoy the story but for two things; Over use of question marks ( but i think dale has this problem with all his books, I do enjoy his books but damn do those question marks get annoying) and the evil feminist angle being flogged like a dead horse to a point where it detracted from the story. Also just to comment, dale you really risk alienating your female readers with some of the comments about women in the books, please keep that in mind for future works lol.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:21 am

If the point was to get people to think and push their own understanding of the world, then did I fail? You're all talking about the points that I was expecting you to, in the ways that I intended you too...

Though the deeper intent is to cause people to mentally engage and be entertained, even if that entertainment is active on a deep biological level.

Which, of course, most won't understand, get that. Don't worry, take what you need from it, like everyone always does.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:24 am

Korwin: There is truth to this, but recall that Tyler is also a slave.

The power dynamic is very different because of that. He has to not only answer to his own morality, but that of an insane Demon.

Yes, he did end up a bit too powerful, but most people find that really satisfying at the end of a story. It's part of the personal fantasy that a lot of people develop around stories like this. (In my own theory of such things.)

It would be interesting to write a clever, low powered or regular person again.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Tyler G”