Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

text to speech

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
catsfancy
Early Reader

text to speech

Unread postby catsfancy » Mon May 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Just wondered if there is a reason Finally Dead doesn't have text-to-speech enabled? Unless, it's just me, then oops? :oops:
Love the books and reading through the series again. It even inspired me to do a modified fast for the day. . . Can't say that about too many books.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: text to speech

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Claypool
Early Reader

Unread postby Claypool » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:12 am

I don't really text to speech. It would be good if there was just an audio version for us slow readers.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 am

You'll need to contact Amazon and "Chat" with someone. I had to do that to get most of my books to work text to speech again. Seems the auto updates don't always work correctly for them. The person had to update each book I wanted individually.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 am

I'm thinking of doing a book as an audio work to see if I can do it. Which would people like to hear first? (Some of the early ones would have to be rewritten so that they sound correct, but most of the later things will work well enough, I think.) My current plan for this test would be to simply put them up on Youtube.com, for free...)

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

I suggest picking a reality and doing 'em in order! I get the free for a test bit, but I'd happily pay...I like to listen to books while driving, I sometimes do while working - heck, I even listen to them when I'm mowing. You've got a lot of great books, and I'd love hearing all of them eventually .

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Personally, I much prefer TTS over recorded audiobooks. Using IVONA Amy (British English) as a voice sounds great, certainly not significantly worse than any human read audiobook I've ever tried, and much better than most. And if you use Moon+ Reader Pro as ebooks reader, you can freely adjust the speed of the TTS between 10 and 500% of "normal" in 10% steps to whatever reading speed you feel comfortable with.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm

I've recently found that if I delete the book off my kindle, then "buy" the book again (it doesn't charge you again) then re-download it then it works fine again. Faster than going through the Amazon Help!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 am

Text to Speech doesn't hold a candle to a person reading, so far. :)

Okay, that might just be me, but I love it when the inflection is correct. to me that makes a vast difference. Then, I like it when people do the voices as a character.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:26 pm

I agree. I like the inflections too, and correct pronunciation of some words ( Adele - a-dell vs addled in tts). Depends on how the different characters are portrayed for different voices, some narrators are horrible at it.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”