Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Just realized something...

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Just realized something...

Unread postby RyanM » Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 am

I just reread everything in the Keeley continuity from Keeley to Other Place to Eve (for the 3rd time). As I was reading through Eve again, I started to pay more attention to the scenes were she's saying things but not really sure why she's saying them -- like suggesting Nikki go with her to Russia and then being paranoid because Lenore didn't say anything. Eve thinks is due to demonic compulsion or something similar, but I just realized it's more likely to be Angels whispering suggestions to her like they did with Keeley. If that's correct then they set the stage to help her avert the wars and Keeley being pushed into mass demon enslavement.

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Just realized something...

Unread postby David » Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 am

That could be correct. If she didn't take Nikki it wouldn't have been as complicated. She'd have probably just taken them all out instead of looking for a compromise. That course would have played into The Bold's plans. It's really hard to say though, could go either way.

I don't see Keeley ever doing mass demon enslavement, it would guarantee her death if she died by some accident one time or another, plus it sounds like a lot of work. She's better off just using it as a tool to kill her enemies, sends the message to leave her alone or you get killed, which is more in line with every other demon out there.

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon May 18, 2015 1:33 pm

She would have done it if she had no other recourse. She would probably have them dump themselves in an active volcano as soon as she did it just to wipe the slate clean with those guys and allow them to be reborn. I hope to see her using Eve at some point to help her toughen up. She can't trust the other demons to help and the other vampires would either seek to kill her or would be too afraid to beat her to the point where she could adapt fearing retaliation. Get Eve to beat on her for awhile and she might be fast and resilient enough to not simply die in a physical battle.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon May 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Meh, that would make Keeley perfect and unbeatable. She's already powerful enough. Any more than that would make it boring.

I don't see why she'd have to control all demons either, there were only seven after her. If they were all truly after her, she'd be dead, she can't control all five hundred and some odd greater demons if they all come after her at the same time.

yes, they stress that betrayal is inevitable but she can count on Darla and Zack in a pinch despite that, also, she could obviously go to the cleric for anything she needed help with. As an angel he wouldn't betray her in theory. I'm not really seeing the benefit to her getting beat up either.

Besides, it's not really the strength that beat her, it was speed, Zack was just too fast for her to even react. Most other demon's she could escape from or at least come to a draw in a physical battle. She just needs to last long enough to enslave them or escape.

In the defiler's words, time and space is Zack's biotch, meaning he is the fastest being known. He is Keeley's kryptonite, although she could probably grab him if he was too far away and not ready for it.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”