Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

An Idea / Question

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kargren
Intermediate Reader

An Idea / Question

Unread postby kargren » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:08 am

So I was reading back through the eve benson series for the 3rd times and the whole humans cant recall supernatural stuff which seems to be breaking down and the whole demons cannot remember angels thing which also seem to be breaking down, made me think for a bit and it would be actually the best thing to keep humans and the base supernaturals from going to war as humans would forget for the most part or not take the supernatural seriously enough, which would give the supernatural folks some breathing room and cause them to fear the humans less while still understanding that they could be a huge threat if provoked to much.

The same goes for the angels and demons but with god having and accord or peace treaty with them because if they knew about angels they would spend more time worrying about that threat instead of doing there jobs of tempting/testing humans. But if there was an accord/spell cast they would need to have left out one of the demons to remember the original agreement so that the demons wouldn't be all but hurt and would have one of their kind to say that it was an agreed apon thing not an attack.

So my question is, is any of the things I have said true and will they be explained in more details in later books?

David
Voracious Reader

Re: An Idea / Question

Unread postby David » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 am

Not sure if anything is breaking down. Just that ALL the humans that can handle the information are now in the know.

Some humans can handle it, the ones that couldn't don't think about it, even if they see that stuff on the news all the time.

The angel thing is only broken for one demon, and she had to almost kill herself joining one of them and healing her mind, kind of the way they do to get on the lines. She restructured how her mind works to beat it. There were indications Zack had a clue, but that was from Eve's point of view and we don't really know for sure. Darla was clueless and forgot a conversation about angels right after it happened.

Anyway, that is my take on it...

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Re: An Idea / Question

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Humans are able to keep the idea in their minds due to constant exposure. I would guess that once a certain about of personal and societal saturation occurs, it becomes permanent knowledge. I would expect that certain aspects of humanity would have an easier or harder time accepting the new information based on their point-of-view. For example, the elderly and religious fundamentalists would probably have a really tough time accepting any of it as true whereas children and sci-fi/fantasy megafans and LARPers might have an easier time of it.

Keely and Zack are the only two demons that can keep the idea of Angels in their minds -- which means that Zack's "insanity" isn't all that severe or it's nearly gone. I would surmise that he has the ability to travel to their world given his unique mastery of the Lines.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”