Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Well, It looks like the good times are over!

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
PS Power
Site Admin

Well, It looks like the good times are over!

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Eve got her first one star review, on the first book, which generally heralds the first big drop in purchasing. This might be a bad thing, since it's a bit of a slam piece, probably meant to do exactly that and kill sales.

Or, it might just be form a person that truly hated the book. Fair enough, but... Screw it. Leaving my fate in the hands of people that simply want to burn things down is a poor long term plan.

Haters are, of course, hateful. It's what they like.

That's my guess anyway.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Well, It looks like the good times are over!

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:33 pm

It seems the reviewer shares a name with an author/publisher of Indie works (that's the spiel. I didn't make it up.) Elaine Jones. Is it the same person? I have no idea.

If so, I hope she comes to her senses and realized that just because you can throw muck at others and damage their ability to make a living, that doesn't mean you should.

Anyway, three books is too much investment to have one person ruin the whole sales season for. So, whoever this person is, I do hope she gets back what she gives the world, enough fold to help her learn to be a better person.

bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby bdrosen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 pm

My own take from this review is that you should clearly label in the book description that this is not a standalone series and that readers should start with either Keeley or Zach books first. (I don't think the universes converge until after at least the first books in each series) This is only obvious by reading some of the other comments.

Most of her issues seemed to be related to having read this book without reading the books that came before it and therefore being confused, which I can understand.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Um...

The books were written to be stand alone. Yes, other characters, form other books, have been used, but ALL of them are explained. So is whole situation.

But hey, that's cool, if you don't think so.

Just, this was a lot of work for one person to get to sabotage. I won't do it again though, if you think the work doesn't hold up as it was written. No need for me to waste the time, right?

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 pm

That doesn't work. She gave up at 30%. Show me a book where you know all the answers to the questions she asked about world and character building less than a third of the way in.. None, no such book exists.

Yes, reading Keeley might help, but all those questions she had are answered if you actually, you know, read the book. It's called building the story with showing, I guess the reviewer likes books with up front boring as hell info dumps. Even those don't give it all away in the beginning.

Either way the review should be removed.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:19 pm

Amazon won't do that. Honestly, even if it were filled with bald faced lies, and this could be opinion, they wouldn't touch it. It's hard to get hate speech removed. Something like this won't be happening.

The hard part is that I get to watch the sales fall off now, and all three books suffer for it, because of one person.

Yay!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”