Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Well, It looks like the good times are over!

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Well, It looks like the good times are over!

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:55 am

Ok, just caught up with the latest after my drop off to school. Read the latest posts, then had to look at the latest reviews. The Ron in question, is NOT ME. If the intention was to imply it was, then it was definitely underhanded and should be looked into, and sucks the big one. Dale, although I have questioned some of your plot twists( I get too involved with the characters), I would never question your writing ability. I've read ALL of your books and enjoyed each and every one. I'll continue to be, if not your biggest fan, then at least one of them.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 am

Some of the people doing work like that have hundreds of different profiles, apparently. They use some to promote given (people who pay) authors, and at times the same ones to tear others down, to give the impression of exactly that. You seem to be forgetting that there are people doing this for a living? They have to do it in a way that gets around Amazon.com's attempts to police them.

In no way is that a sign of honesty on their part. Plus, he ONLY has attack reviews up for me. That IS a sign that something isn't correct. Again, no one follows an author they hate. That's very off.

Ronald!

That idea never occurred to me. If you wanted to do that kind of thing, I don't doubt I'd see my email account light up as you took the fight to me in a direct and honest fashion.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Anyway, I just had to toss out the first thirty thousand words of the new Gwen book, since it's pretty clear that it isn't good enough for anyone. I don't know at this pint if anything would ever be good enough.

I don't have writers block, but I really don't want to bother right now.

Why even bother?

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm just finishing reading all of the comments to this new topic and am floored by what has happened since I've been at work the past few days!

Dale -> I love your work!

Other-people-who-don't-like-Dale's-work-and-are-going-out-of-their-way-to-slam-him -> Suck it!

In order to support Dale, is there anything else we can do besides mark all of the "Was this review helpful to you?" that were good as "Yes" and the two asshats as "No" and report them for abuse? Aside from making a legit purchase and adding to the five star reviews that is...

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Don't be silly. It isn't about a few bad reviews, it's about the chance I had of things actually finally going places being stolen away. Also, this isn't a taco death.

You know, where the press claims that a man killed his brother, over taking the last taco?

It's never only about the taco! Or whatever the single thing that you see. It's always about a larger and generally long term issue.

In this case, that bad advertizement stalled the grow that was needed to move up in the rankings, which in turn has slowed sales on the other two books that followed it. Also, there is a really good chance the reviews are faked.

So... Stop being a goof? This isn't about something that dumb, and you really should be able to get that, if you think about it for half a moment.

Also, when I pointed it all out, a few people decided that the best thing to do was to jump on and support the bad reviews, basically saying that I suck. That's really about half of what's putting me off.

It's pretty easy to act superior when you aren't the one being torn down. "Oh, I wouldn't act like that! I'd be perfect all the time, and simply brush off any attacks!" Except that you wouldn't. You'd find that it's a very different thing when it's aimed at you. (By you, I mean everyone. Not Korwin. Just so you know what I mean.)

It isn't about scaring people. I just can't keep doing this for crippled pay offs and abuse that makes me second, third and four guess everything I do.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”