Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Um... what?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Er, ok now I see. I didn't read any other topics first. So. Just because a person is educated doesn't mean they're smart. Or nice. Or good intentioned. If I could offer any advice, it would be ignore any thing less than encouraging. Stewing over negative comments doesn't write books or make money. If you had asked for a critique that would be different. But since it was UNsolicited it's only worth what you paid for it. NOTHING.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm just getting hit with a lot of negatives right now, and people sabotaging my sales. I was really hopeful that Eve could hit the top 100 but that's not going to happen, since someone, probably with the intent to do so, swooped in with a hit review and stalled the sales for the books.

When I brought it up here, people mainly agreed with the woman (probably another author/publisher, seeking to do damage just to hurt people that are in competition with a friend/coworker of hers. Maybe not.) and started to throw around everything they think of as a flaw in my writing. That people are missing what I'm doing as points of style, and thinking that it's just me being stupid and writing poorly, I'm thinking about quitting.

More to the point, I've already started doing that. I don't know what else I will do, but if people can't see what I'm doing for what it is, then what's the point of all that work?

Also, I'm getting really sick of people defending assholes that try to cut content creators down in order to harm their business. There is NO reason to give one star reviews, other than that a person is a fool, or that they are trying to harm another person and stop their efforts from succeeding. The people that do that are only slightly less than economic terrorists, and often times ARE economic terrorists, trying to scare and control authors for their own agenda. (Movie makers, people in T.V. not just writers. It's everywhere now.)

So, I know that right now, at this moment, I don't want to keep writing. People have taken all the fun and excitement out of it through their words and actions.

I know that the people doing it, most of them, aren't thinking that their horrible people, or planning to run others into the ground, but it's the result of their actions.

That's where I'm at right now. Writing all these books, planning everything out, carefully selecting what I place where with a purpose, is far too much damned work to let people that only want to tear me down to have control over.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Dale, you need a VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sad that your feeling so attacked.

LOTS of HUGS to you my friend. You need a few.....

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:50 pm

The point is that even people that claim to like my work don't actually seem too. What's the point of doing all of this then? Oops. Used Actually once too often in one out of three books! Oops, use a different way of engaging people, so I must suck! That's the idea, isn't it?

The worst part is that the people that think that way, like Elaine Jones, will just be getting what she wants. For the competition to go away, or whatever her thoughts on the matter are.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 am

Okay, now I feel all bad because of the controversy in the other topic. But to explain, I, even at my age, i can get all wrapped up in a character, I can get all passionate about my wishful thinking. I wanted Eve to be the super kick-ass super hero of the piece. Again it was just my WISHFUL THINKING. Dale is writing the piece, not me. I don't know where he's going or how he wants to get there. In Y.A. my love affair with Trice was the same thing. WISHFUL THINKING. I wanted her happy. It took a couple of books to understand what Dale wanted for her, Tor, Tim and the story line. It's not my call, but that doesn't mean I can't get bothered by his decision. I just can't do anything about it. I realize that. It's just like czarnina, or Haggis, or liver. (See Off Topic) Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you'll stop eating altogether. Anyway, Eve , being an analog for the greater demons (which Dale points out) leaves a lot she can do. I hope to see that in future books. She really is tied for second or maybe third as may favorite female character. Behind Trice, maybe Sara or Gwen. But if she's Gwen and Tiara then how do I rank that?

catsfancy
Early Reader

Unread postby catsfancy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 am

Just finished Eve's books and am terribly disappointed there aren't 3 more to read immediately. :P.
I love the way the story line has been developed throughout the different story arcs in the Keeley universe; intertwining and growing in unexpected directions.
Is Eve going to show up in the Other Places universe? Or has she already? I'll just have to re-read. Any excuse to read more P.S. Power works for me.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”