Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Keeley is such a scene stealer! The big set up... And Keeley just walks away with it? Really?? That sooo sucks. I want more kick-ass Eve. Are you offering an alternate ending Dale? Or at least more eve in a future book? Ya know, the alternate ending idea might just work. Offer a different last chapter for, say, 99¢ and see what happens. I'd pay a buck to see Eve end three demons. I mean, be descriptive too.

p.s. I really liked the books, all three, I liked that they all came out at once, too. Really worked for me.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Korwin
Voracious Reader

Re: Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

Unread postby Korwin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:33 am

Nah, I want to see what Keeley is doing with those 3 GD's.
I also wonder what way out she left for them and why she talked. At least Eve thought there was an way out...
(It might be an slight of hand, maybe the real enslavery instruction where telepathic?)

Edit:
I also wonder, what differences in their special power are, between The Mimic and The Changeling.
While I can think some up, it would be nice to get specifics :twisted:

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 pm

See, I don't read it that way at all. Keeley only walks away alive because Eve distracted the others long enough. I'd kicked around the idea of having Eve kick some behind in that scene, but it didn't have a tone of reality to it. It would let the idea of Greater Demons become watered down too much.

That's just me, though.

:)

I could be wrong, but I like the idea of leaving bad (and even good?) guys out there that can't functionally be beaten by just anyone with a gun or enough money to hire some mercenaries. That works best as a threat, of course...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Of course, your right. Eve would have been shown to be too strong. I was just taken by her character's prowess. I totally bought into her growth. Dunno, maybe she could have started fighting and Keeley bailed her out of a tight spot by taking the demons while everyone was distracted by the fight? Oh well, so much for armchair writing. If I was good enough, I'd be you. This way, it stays consistent with storyline and leaves an opening for so many different plot formations. Good work though. Left me craving more.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Yeah, one on one I would believe it, if she had surprise on her side. I thought it was perfect scene. She outsmarted the greater demons by distracting them, with a lie. That is already pretty impressive. Keeley setting up all three in that window of opportunity was believable as well.

I also dug her interpretation of self fulfilling, which was pretty true.

Something that would have been cool to see is her with the cleric. I wonder if she could perceive him as what he is, maybe next time?

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 pm

I can't agree with the OP because Keeley is not only a main character, but she is THE main character of this universe... Surely in 5 years when this universe is done it will end with Keeley ruling the multiverse with an army of vampires and greater demons, any other ending is inconceivable!

But surprise or not I think this book really showed that greater demons only true strength is their individual querks and in a straight up melee fight Eve or Zack can probably beat the whole lot of them since they are faster than them by such a degree it isn't even funny.

With that said, never attack one in their dwelling as Darla has shown what might happen if she gets ticked off and activates her doomsday device :D

lenoirdenantes
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lenoirdenantes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Has anyone else noticed a similarity between Eve and Pran? They both seem to be pushed into circumstances that requires them to be the leader.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:44 pm

It was on purpose. Plus, you're missing one. Hint, it's Tiera.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey Len, great catch! And Dale? Telling us is NOT a hint. Unless we're just that dumb, which I guess some of us (me) are.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Well, it's not like you can see them all being played by the same actress. Also, if I don't finish the books, then making people wonder would be mean.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”