Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Re: Eve Benson Discussion-spoiler alert in effect

Unread postby RyanM » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 am

Going from the information we've been given so far, I'm inclined to say yes, but with limitations. The demons are described by those that can see energy as a vortex in which the energy flows, almost like they're a black hole. I could be interpreting it incorrectly, but that could mean they "suck up" the available energy in the area, so the limiting factors become:
How much energy is in the area?
Do other nearby demons share that energy draw and can they disrupt each other?
Is there a defined rate at which they can draw that energy?
How quickly is that energy replenished by the universe?
Can the demons store that energy? If so, do the demons have a maximum capacity?
Do they have a maximum throughput?

If Eve doesn't have a limit on how many links she can create and manage, then she could conceivably draw life from billions of people and large animals. That's if she could form links all at once at any rate. The time it would it take to get blood, drink it, and maintain a link would likely put the maximum number of links in the few hundred thousand.

There are other questions to consider as well since there's an obvious multiverse story arc that should come into play at some point:
We've seen character move between realities (The demons using the in-roads, Gwen and her brother crossing realms, etc), are there some realities where a character will be powerless? We know in the Gwen-verse that magic doesn't exist in her original world, so would a demon going there be just another person?
If Eve were to move between realities, I would expect her blood links to be severed and her to be running on her own life force until you she can form new links, but are there some realities where she couldn't form links since magic doesn't exist or works differently?

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Well sure, Josh and Amy are part of the same multiverse, in a reality without magic.

A demon would be helpless, Eve would just die though wouldn't she, after all her existence is supported completely by magic, she is Dead...

According to the Keeley books the greater demons all live separate in their own areas to take advantage of that effect, it's more than taking in power, it organizes reality around them for their benefit, and they do interfere with each other, hence each having a claimed area.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:17 pm

I didn't read Josh and Amy, since I had Friendzone, but I'm relying on Dale not to have changed the story very much. In Friendzone it was the Keeleyverse which DID have magic, a small point but...please tell me it didn't miss something not buying Josh and Amy.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:23 pm

Josh and Amy = Crayons. Not friend zoned

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm sitting here at work giggling to myself wondering how many ideas we give Dale through these group brainstorming ideas as we try to divine the future of magic across multiple fictional realities.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, oops, one of my bad days, I guess. I haven't read either book more than once or twice, so I'll use that as an excuse. As for ideas that Dale may use? I'd bet not many. He seems to already have a definite path for his stories, some details may change or evolve, but he seems to have already worked out how everything ends. It probably has been set down in story board form and doesn't vary too far from the original. Except in minor detail. At least I've never noticed it. He'd almost have to have had it preconceived to allow for the equivalency of characters in the many series, including the ones he's already finished. We may be able to influence some new series he may decide to write. Dunno.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”