Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Eve Benson: Vampire books 1-3 released now!

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Eve Benson: Vampire books 1-3 released now!

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

While those are slated for eventual replacement, it doesn't seem to aid sales on older titles at all. It's just a matter of not being seen. There are so many books now that you have to hit the initial window hard (when Amazon is willing to show your work for you!)

bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby bdrosen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:40 pm

It likely wouldn't matter when viewing results from search by author name, but might matter when the books show up under Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought links from other books. (nice looking covers will generally get more views)

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:13 pm

woot, time to read em for the 3rd or 4th time!

jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Great - now have all three on my kindle so I don't have to sit at my computer to read them. If you haven't bought them and you are on this forum, then what on earth are you waiting for???

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
kazuma6666
Early Reader

Unread postby kazuma6666 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 am

Such a good surprise this morning when I saw an email informing me that these books were out.
It's great to have those 3 books at once, so I don't have to wait for each one.
I'll begin reading those right now! Oh and also, it is nice to come back to the world of zack and keeley.

At the speed you are writing, I think I much prefer this way of publishing, I see you did that for alternate places and I was happy to have the 3 books there too.

Well, do continue to write those amazing books, I love reading them!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:29 am

Well, the plan is to try and do this, having the whole series come out at one time, or at least the current arc (as in The Infected) so that people won't have to wait for much. This is the first real trial run, so if people like it being done this way, there will be more.

Of course, it's close to brutally hard to do. Especially since the rest of the time I'm trying for a book per month still, so that there won't be vast gaps for anything. :)

*You guys do realize that if I ever get a girlfriend, you shouldn't expect things like this, right? (No, that isn't an excuse to wish me lonely and alone forever!) My point is that no one can have a normal life and do this. It's all meditation, fasting and writing right now. (That's serious by the way. I might end up writing a book on it.)

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:02 am

I can see pro's and con's for releasing all at once and releasing as they're ready.

On one hand, I like being able to plow through the story and not have to sit around for months thinking: "OMG, what's next? When's the next installment?"
On the other hand, I often have to troll around Amazon for something to read. Having books available once or twice a month is kinda nice.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”