Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Book 4 questions [spoilers]

Alternate Places: A very different take on the Other Places reality.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LrgShadow
Early Reader

Book 4 questions [spoilers]

Unread postby LrgShadow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm a bit confused on all the multiple reality Hartley IDs . I'm glad to say that I recognize many of our favorite characters, I read pretty much every book published. I'm staying away from the zombie ones.

During his first trip to the multiverse I recognize everybody except for who movie beautiful huge guy was and the buff soldier lady was. At the end of the book tour went ahead and introduced himself straight up, but I still have no idea who Glenda is.

Am I missing a book somewhere? Or worse an entire series?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Book 4 questions [spoilers]

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Lrgshadow, please read the Dead End series (the zombie one) . You'll find that the zombies are just background for an incredible storyline. The best way is to buy the series compilation, Tales From The End Of The World. It also contains some info from other characters at the end that isn't found in the separate books. And it's inexpensive!

Glenda isn't a character I'm familiar with either. Maybe Mr. Power will use her series or multiverse as the setting for the big dust-up to bring all the series together? Or at least bring her into a reality we already know.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 am

The large beautiful man was Tor from Young Ancients.

If memory serves, Dale mentioned wanting to start a purely SciFi series, so I guessing Glenda will be the main protagonist of that series.

There were a few surprises in the list for character mappings for me:
I didn't see Gwen as a Zack variant, I thought she was an Eve/Tiera/Impulse variant.
I didn't see Impulse as being Merry.
I didn't see Katherine as Kate nor Cavendish as Tyler.

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Funny, the only one that didn't seem surprising at all to me was Cavendish = Tyler. They were both described as primordial forces in the books they were in and just made sense. None of the others did I have any clue about except the Tor/Brian/Zack since that was just obvious seeing as they are the same person from a personality standpoint. I was sad not to see anyone from the Lament series and I guess no one survived the Zombie apocalypse except Jesus 2.0 lol.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah, took me by surprise too.

It wasn't part of the book, unless I missed it, but I'm pretty sure Hobbs is Cavendish/Tyler as well.

Same smile, same way they are constantly evaluating all the ways to kill the people around them etc... Most deadly fighters in their world etc...

Except... That's only cavendish and Hobbs, which is why the Tyler thing threw me. But then again, Tyler is death... So there's that.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Alternate Places”