Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Book 3

Alternate Places: A very different take on the Other Places reality.
willallen
Avid Reader

Re: Book 3

Unread postby willallen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I really hope Dale continues this series despite the naysayers. I enjoyed the heck out of it and actually liked "Alternate Places" over "Other Places" when you get right down to it. Not trying to restart that debate, jut my own preference.

Now, a little gas on the fire:
One thing I was shocked by were the repeated references in reviews to "too much sex" in the story. Did these folks read the first two books? Just skip over the part where Kate is an Alede, which is the polite term for SEX DEMON? Not to jump topics, but I imagine these same reviewers will suffer sudden cranial implosions when the Maria Ward book hits the stands.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, as to people commenting on there being too much sex in the book... I literally put a warning about that at the very front. Before they could read anything in any of these books, they had that message. They chose not to listen.

Really they should take that part out of what they have written, if it bothered them. Because no one should feel entitled to damage another persons reputation, if they went into an event knowing what it was, then later deciding they didn't really want to do that... They won't, because a lot of people don't consider authors to be real people.
What are they then? Machines to create stories for your amusement and nothing else?
:)

I already know that answer to that one, don't I?

Thankfully most people are smart enough to see the warning and decide if a thing is for them or not before hand. I just hope they all admitted they it was their own failure, rather than claim they were taken unaware. (I don't read reviews. That way lies madness.)

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:23 pm

I personally loved book 3. I liked that Zack could be easily hurt and no longer appeared to be a near unstoppable demigod. Sure, he's powerful, but he's not ALL powerful.

I think Katelyn's actions towards Zack had nothing to do with Alede Law and everything to do with the wisdom surrounding that law. Her jumping to violence was premature, but I can see the concern nonetheless.

krunr
Early Reader

Unread postby krunr » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:30 am

love this book series and hope to see more:)

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:26 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
rwolf14456
Early Reader

Unread postby rwolf14456 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 pm

What event is Kaitelyn referring to in chapter 7 loc 3121-3125 "Kate had seen him be melted into a pile of goo, have his head chopped off and come back not ten minutes later, almost as if nothing had happened."

The pile of goo especially confuses me. I just want to get my read order right. Possibly some multiverse crossover?

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Well Kate’s seen Zack battle and been hurt multiple times, it’s just a descriptor to show he’s pretty much immune to being killed, or hurt enough to teach him a lesson.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:55 pm

:lol: And now you’ve got me re-reading the series again.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Alternate Places”