Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Alternate/Other Places :a discussion

Alternate Places: A very different take on the Other Places reality.
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Re: Alternate/Other Places :a discussion

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 am

Since all life gets its energy from the Sun, could a Vampiric demi-demon magically alter herself to use solar energy directly? Instead of having to expend energy to reduce the pain, she could turn it an asset.

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Speaking of the sun...in that world vamps feel pain from the sun, but it doesn't harm them, I get that. What we don't know yet is why it hurts at all. I'm really curious about that one since apparently it is not really physical.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 am

Magic is energy. When vamps run or use their abilities to call on it, it hurts. Perhaps sunlight effects their magic in a similar way, or it is harmful to them which activates the magic to protect them.

It's just one of those things we won't really know though until/if Dale explains it.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:02 pm

I enjoyed Other Places much more than Alternate Places... I don't know what it was - shying away from the "maturity" of the latter, or just preferring the characters and interactions... the book store, and things. I really didn't like that Alternate Places turned into a harem story for Zack's pal, of Zack's wives... although I tend to be not a fan of open relationships/sharing, that seem prevalent in these stories, so... that's on me a bit.

Not sure I'd read more outside this series, so far I've read both these two and the Keeley stories, all this year... I've just gotten the two Discipline books because the blurb seemed interesting.

I really do like the tales, and would enjoy more of Other Places, but there was a lot that just got to me about Alternate Places from the the women going away from Zack, to the pain his cousin went through, to never being allowed inside the shopping universe even when he saved the damn place. I did enjoy the way the universes were all being brought together, but at the same time it didn't make me want to read the other series that much and I very much preferred having Keeley and the demons in the story. I like those demons, the rules, the interactions, the world.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Alternate Places”