Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Coming in three days!

Alternate Places: A very different take on the Other Places reality.
PS Power
Site Admin

Coming in three days!

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Alternate Places:
A whole new world, familiar faces.
You know the story of Zack Hartley, don't you? The Line Walker. A helpful human that turns out to be anything but that.
Did you know though that in the greater world, where there are infinite universes and unlimited possibilities there are other Zacks?
Here is one of those stories. It's complete, and new and not what you'd expect at all.

Mr. Hartley:
Zack needs to find work, fast. That's not a new thing, since jobs are hard to come by in these tough economic times. So, deciding to try something new, he takes a shortcut through a tree, to a nexus across town. It isn't the sort of thing that most people do, but this time it works out, and he finds employment. At a secret embassy, masquerading as a candle shop.
Mr. Hartley isn't just an ordinary store clerk, however, and very soon strange things become apparent to him that few would notice. Like the vampires running the place across the way, or the attractive giantess that keeps watching him more than a little bit too closely.
As things become more clear, secrets are uncovered and Zack's old, fairly safe, life goes away without warning.
Now, thrown into the thick of a world that he'd always been told didn't exist, he must survive and face the worst thing imaginable.
His own memories.

Between:
Having set up a successful business, helping beings move from one location to another in an instant, Zach Hartley has but one goal. To find the demon that killed his father, and destroy him for all eternity. In order to do that, he must become someone else.
Something else.
When you hunt demons, you can't let little things like sanity stop you though.
Not if you're going to survive.
And surviving is a thing that he's very good at, indeed.

On the Line:
Kaitlyn is a succubus. A martial arts expert. An all around great girl, and now, for some reason a college student. Of course nothing ever get's to go that smoothly for someone like her, does it? Instead of spending her days and nights seducing cute young co-eds and campus hotties, Kate finds her life, and new friends, imperiled by a string of murders on campus.
At the same time, she finds new allies, new powers, and that her childhood is at an end.
Because there is an enemy out there, pulling the strings.
One that would very much like her, and all of her people, dead.

The first three books of the series are being released on September 15th, 2014.
* They contain sex, violence and adult themes. Not recommended for children under 14 years old, or people with delicate sensibilities

Kat
Voracious Reader

Re: Coming in three days!

Unread postby Kat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:08 am

How many books will you write in this one? More than three hopefully?

Zack is my favorite <3 :D

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:10 am

Um Kat, this is a question for Dale I realize, but he SHOULD BE WORKING (hint, hint) on other things right now. I think that Alternate Places is actually the first draft of Other Places, the series starring Zack that spun off the Keeley-verse books. I'm guessing he decided to ...Um ...censor it somewhat to make it more acceptable to the general public. Therefore, we got Other Places. Some of us Powerheads (or whatever) kind of like, well, smut for lack of a better word. Check to see how many are asking for a Maria book! So anyway, I believe Dale is indulging us dirty old men (and women?) With the uncensored Zack he first wrote.(YAY!) This does mean he now has TWO series he can expound on. And I hope he does. One for the general public, and one for us letchers. If I'm wrong Dale will correct it, I'm sure.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Ronald: Oh, that's sort of right, but the books are different enough that if I were someone else I could probably get away with changing some names and claiming they weren't connected that way. Their simply different books.

I'm was always thinking of making that series open ended. Right now it will probably be five or six however. (Needed to tie up the main focus of the project for these books.)

*Right now we are waiting on the covers to be finished. That might take an extra day or two, but the hope is that they will be for sale tomorrow. I will post a link here (In this section) when that's ready. Please make sure to tell your friends, family and local congressional member about them!

Just mentioning things like that online in different places helps a lot really.

Thank you!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 pm

And send me the covers when ready so I can update the website please.....

Emily does impressive design work!

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

For those of you following this thread and looking forward to the Alternate Places book line:

Dale states that Emily is still working on the covers and that they should be out soon!

Here's the post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2929#p5103

Best wishes all and we'll let you know when the books are released!

:mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 am

Fingers crossed...

I was promised book covers for later today. I have the rest of the three (complete and large) books ready to go right now.

I'm a day late already. I'm starting to feel like George R.R. Martin and stuff.

:)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I have to agree. The best use of your time would be going onto different forums and web locations and talking the books up to people that don't know about them yet. Or, I suppose, working. *sigh*

:)

It will be later int he day though, so don't lose your job checking in here too often!

I'll go check on those covers now.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Alternate Places”