Game playing time! What should I do next?

Where we can post polls about anything!

Pick one. I'll actually do it this time!

Poll ended at Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:43 am

New novel: Infected world. New Character. It's different and kind of interesting.
92%
Sit in a dark room, lamenting the coming doom.
No votes
Get video done up for the new Caster project.
8%

Total votes: 13
PS Power
Site Admin

Game playing time! What should I do next?

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 am

I have a few options right now. Three of them for everyone to choose from!

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Game playing time! What should I do next?

Unread postby David » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 am

What happened to the holiday book, is that not going to happen?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah. The truth is that I have an idea for a Keeley book, but just can't generate enough personal interest in doing it right now. I have a LOT of stories, but the only one that I feel like working on is the one mentioned above.

~It's about an old cat burglar, who pops infected just as he's about to die in an old folks home. (In a flood, ripped from the headlines!) Youth and vigor returned, as well as a very low powered ability to walk into the world of mirrors and travel between them, he and the newly youthful old folks home cat have to start over in the world...

Feeling even more pressed than before (by his new first mode) to steal, Howard starts to get strange phone calls. Giving him information about targets to hit. Safes, filled with jewels, cash... and secret information about a child trafficking ring.

There's a problem with going up against the rich and powerful though. Being too well connected, the politicians and power brokers behind the ring want him to be very, very dead.

So Howard needs to survive. Somehow. Using his long-held skills. The only thing he isn't really aware of is just how much backup he truly has.~

Things that are different here: It doesn't take place in or around the IPB. There are IPB players involved but at a remove. (This isn't another "Hey, meet the new guy in the club" type of story.) He's on his own. He's also low powered. He has what amounts to the power to hide well (in mirrors and reflective surfaces) as well as bypass wall and locked doors at times. Going to this world created by his powers is rejuvenating, to himself and anyone that he takes with him, BUT he can only carry about fifty pounds with him. (Hence the old cat becoming young again, but he can't open a business doing that for people or anything like that.)

So, he's powerful enough to be interesting, but still a class one that way. He has to get by on his wits and skills from his previous life.

On the Castor Project.

I'm working on a build today, to make the whole thing lighter, longer and possibly more powerful. I also want a smaller version with more power, which should be doable by reducing the overall weight.

The new design seems to be far more durable as far as stress snapping! I might be able to get a video up and do a book at the same time, but I make no promises.

I don't know if many people will get what I'm doing with this. I'll try to explain in the vid. I have the cameras charging now.

Curling up in a ball in the dark project.

Clearly, that's a joke. Winter is coming, however.

Winter is freaking coming.

Be ready for it.

MarciaA
Voracious Reader

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 pm

I look forward to seeing how to make that weapon myself. ;)

Image Image Image

Walking into the living room, he found it missing. Mr. Hartley
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Sounds good. Until you feel the Keeley story, backburner is the way to go.

Gotta write what you feel. Plus, it sounds like a good story.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 pm

The Caster vid will be a demonstration first. To see if anyone wants to know more. I think that I'll show a couple of different power levels for it. Starting at 40 inches (that's the length of the whole thing) up to 60 or so.

So, two of them? (I can't see a lot of need to do more than that, really.) One fast (as far as period of reflex... Um... the time between shots?) the other more powerful. I'm planning to try and do that this next week or sooner.

I'm thinking to show the video and do a voice over, rather than trying to do it in one take. Not because of laziness. I just love having good audio without the sound of wind buzzing constantly. I can go over the features of the things and all that? :)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:57 pm

One day left to vote!

So far it looks like people think that a writer should actually write or something.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Done started the new book. I'll start the real work on it (the fast, hard, intense portion) in the morning tomorrow.

So far it's not too bad. It's rather different. I'm planning about 90 thousand words for it, so it will take about two weeks to write. Maybe less, if I'm good about it all.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 am

I've been working on the new book. As yet to have a good title, but I kind of like the story.

I should have it done in about a week or a little more.

On the Caster project (also a name that might be changing? I'm open to suggestions.) I'm nearly ready for a video, but... I ended up with snow all over the place for a lot longer than it was supposed to stick around. That might end up being all winter.

Return to “Poll area”