Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

I warned you all... But no, no one believed me...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

I warned you all... But no, no one believed me...

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Rashes of creepy clown sightings going on now. Clowns luring kids into the woods with cash...

Chasing them in with Machetes.

Because, of course, this is all normal...

NO! It's a sign of the coming clown apocalypse! You thought zombies were bad? Now see the real approaching storm!

PANIC!!!!!

Clowns are coming!!!

*Think about it. What does this really mean? Space clowns? A clown virus? Nope.

People are losing it. They're looking around and finding a meme to latch on to, which allows them to hide their faces while slowly detaching from reality more and more. I blame technology. Mainly facebook and Twitter. I can't back that one up, but I think that false social networks might be having a negative net effect on society as things progress.

Hostility is growing... Being hidden online gives people a sense of power... One they want in their real lives. As this grows and clowns do more, more will jump on the bandwagon... Until, boom. Critical creepy clown mass. There has to be a book in this...

:)

obnesence
Early Reader

Re: I warned you all... But no, no one believed me...

Unread postby obnesence » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Maybe the clowns are interdemensional vampires...from the future. Well however you write it, I am sure I will enjoy reading it. :D

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 pm

My clown creep out comes from Stephen King I think, although I didn't care for them when I saw the circus either. I read It was I was like ten.

It the book, I mean that's the title, It.

Damn, I feel like a one man Abbot and Costello.

Excuse me a moment, the voices have told me it's time for my drugs.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm thinking more of a psychological type of situation. People once made hidden, made anonymous to those around them, behave differently than when they are accountable for their actions. Some individuals have managed to hide what they truly are from the world.

Once the mask goes on, they... Change.

They become something more primal. What they always were, but didn't let the world see. The threat of the clown is that of the hidden actor. Most people are fine...

Some less so. Especially once they can be held to account for what they do.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Greasepaint Chronicles”