Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

This is the place to find out about plans for the overall website: Main Pages, Forum, Wiki, etc.
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: Avatars and such

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Wonder if Dale would be interested in having some generic cover art avatars that people can choose.
Something that we could populate that avatar gallery with...

Would that be against any contracts regarding cover art that he has?

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 am

I've spent some time the past few days making avatars of the cover art for the site here.

When you go to your Profile inside the User Control Panel, click on the Avatar settings and then look to the bottom of the screen for the Gallery.

Go ahead and click on that.

The first folder shows each of the covers as an individual avatar. Simple, basic and allows you to show your favorite Cover Art.

But what if I have more than one favorite book, you ask?

Then click on the drop-down select so you seen this.

The COVER_ART, is where you are now.

Folders that are RANDOM_COVERS, randomize a cover for that series (or all) each time the page is loaded.
You'll note that there are color assignations. These are there because each time the page is loaded, it will choose one image to show. By having separate files with different randomizations, we're less likely to have multiples of the same cover. The colors indicate the dot's color in the bottom right corner. If you are noticing that many people have the same avatar as you, go ahead and change your dot's color and it will then randomize differently from the others.

The folder ROTATING_COVERS is filled with animated GIFs of the covers. This means that there is a slideshow of the covers of your choice.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the covers or how they work. :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
daniel1948
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby daniel1948 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:46 pm

I just selected a photo from my computer (a cactus flower I photographed while hiking near Sedona, AZ). I used Preview (on my computer) to crop it so it was approximately square and then re-size it to 256 pixels (the board's limit for avatars) and then uploaded it. Very simple, and should be doable on any computer or tablet or smartphone.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 am

looking for a new avatar for Holloween.....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Website Updates”