Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

FORUM UPGRADE COMPLETED

This is the place to find out about plans for the overall website: Main Pages, Forum, Wiki, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

FORUM UPGRADE COMPLETED

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 pm

The upgrade to the new forum software has gone well! There is new software and a new URL that will be automatic if you type in the old URL.

Next, it's just a matter of changing the new look into something more familiar, eh?! :mrgreen:

I'll be slowly working on integrating the new look over the next few weeks.
Thank you all so much for your patience!

=======================================================================================

Hello Everyone,

The PS Power Forum will be getting an upgrade to the newest version of the phpBB software.

The upgrade will start at 11 pm CST on Friday, February 5th.

During the upgrade, the PS Power Forum will be unavailable for use.
Uncertain how long the upgrade will take, as we will be upgrading the version of PHP being used as well.
Once the Forum has been updated, it will become available to the members again.

More than likely, it will look different... :shock: :o :lol:
ALSO: There will be additional aesthetic upgrades afterward that will not require downtime.

There is also probably going to be a change of URL - I'll make it easy though and fix the current URL to pass you through to the new one.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS OR NEEDS REGARDING THIS UPGRADE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD A REPLY TO THIS TOPIC. I'LL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Mojo
Avid Reader

Re: FORUM UPGRADE - 2/5/16 @ 11PM CST

Unread postby Mojo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:35 am

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhyyyyy?

Just kidding :)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: FORUM UPGRADE COMPLETED

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:09 am

The upgrade to the new forum software has gone well! There is new software and a new URL that will be automatic if you type in the old URL.

Next, it's just a matter of changing the new look into something more familiar, eh?! :mrgreen:

I'll be slowly working on integrating the new look over the next few weeks.
Thank you all so much for your patience!

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:07 am

Shocking simply shocking! Woke up to find THIS ! Looks good! Seems to work faster. Or is that in my head? Thanks Bret. Good work.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:41 am

Yeah, it's faster because there are no picture banners to load... Or that's my guess, could be a new server?

It does look nice though, but I will miss the unread link being right on the page, instead of quick links.

One more step and all.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:55 am

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:39 am

One other quick item to add:
For those of you using a mobile platform to visit the site with, this upgrade is mobile friendly. :mrgreen:

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:36 pm

For those of you that aren't fond of the new look, don't worry. We'll be changing it here in the near future to match up closer to the main site's appearance. Just need to get over this nasty cold so I'm not sneezing all over my keyboard every few minutes. Hope to work on it this weekend!

Brent / Argy /ArgyrosfeniX

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Website Updates”