Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Wiki Disclaimer

This is the place to find out about plans for the overall website: Main Pages, Forum, Wiki, etc.
bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Re: Wiki Disclaimer

Unread postby bdrosen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Can this still be handled by the spoiler template stuff?

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:40 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby bdrosen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 pm

I can see how that might be an issue if we think that most of the content would be considered spoilers. If most wasn't, it would be the right thing to do though. I'm not sure I have a good feel for the breakdown of this though. For example geographic data would not be spoilers, character data may or may not be spoilers, etc.

Using the template would simply mean that pages that want this to show up need to put a {{spoiler} tag or something like that on the page and the software handles the rest.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Couldn't a simple template on each page, say at the top, of something like - please be advised some information on this page may be considered a spoiler- Too simple maybe?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Website Updates”