Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Site Consolidation

This is the place to find out about plans for the overall website: Main Pages, Forum, Wiki, etc.
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Site Consolidation

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey All,

Just wanted to add that sometime in the future, I'll be working on making the site as standardized as possible.

That means that colors should match up better and you'll have a overall better cohesive experience.

Also looking to making a link system that will work for all aspects of the site.

May take a while for all of that to happen, but the preliminary planning has begun!

If anyone has any suggestions, questions, comments or concerns, please reply to this topic. :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: Site Consolidation

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:34 pm

UPDATE:

The start of the upgrades / standardization will begin with the New Year.

Many of you saw the "author" theme that was on Dale's homepage for a long time. Having reviewed the available templates, it is likely that the whole site will be based upon that theme.

If you have any questions or comments on the theme or any of the planned upgrades, please feel free to respond to this topic. ;)

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Should I put the website back to the wood, parchment, and pen theme then? The original one... I remember you saying that one worked best. Just let me know. ;)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:06 pm

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Done. If you see anything that needs fixing let me know.... that means everyone ;)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Work has begun on the site consolidation!

I've spent many hours over the past few days making the main site's book listings uniform in presentation.

Now I'm trying to incorporate the theme from the main site into the forum.

It's going to take some work... *sigh*

If anyone sees anything that needs changing on the main site, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'll fix it as soon as I'm able!
(Some of the pages that aren't series pages still need some clean up....)

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX :mrgreen:

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:16 am

I've started making changes on the main website.

All of the Series pages should be standardized, and they now include links to Amazon, Goodreads and the PS Power Wiki which is still under construction.

The mobile pages for the main site are still needing to be updated - I hope to be working on that after I do my taxes this weekend (OY!).

I'm also in process on making a new theme for the Forum here - I'm currently using it, but it still needs a good amount of work to get things looking and working right. After the Forum is completed, I'll work on changing the theme for the Wiki. This should make the entire site be similar in appearance. During this time, I'll be rereading all of Dale's books to add information to the Wiki itself. Thanks all of you that have added information to the Forum for use in the Wiki! It'll be tons of help!

If any of you have something that you'd like to see anywhere on the PSPowerBooks.com website, please feel free to make a reply to this post or PM me.

Thanks!

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm

As you can likely see, the Forum is now integrated into the overall schema of the Main Site.

Hope you like it!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:34 pm

do I need to clear out my cookies or something? It looks no different for me....... :(

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Website Updates”