Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Argy's New Years Resolution

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Argy's New Years Resolution

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:31 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Argy's New Years Resolution

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 am

Damn, Argy, impressive! Do you have them down loaded while you sleep, or just mainlined by I.V. I've never had that kind of conviction, or dedication. I haven't made a resolution, New Year's or otherwise in years. I 've never been able to keep them, so why try. But congrats, hope you make it to 365. I guess, just don't pick something like "War And Peace".

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:26 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am

So I'm a bit behind right now....

This past week and this week are the busiest time of the year for me, so I haven't had much time to read books.

I'm Medical Director for a Children's Camp for a week during the Summer and this is currently that week.
Last week was getting ready for everything that needed to be ready for this week - have been prepping things for about a month now outside of the online registration (which is also in my purview as I'm the Webmaster as well).

Looking forward to getting back to the books!

Have completed 186 books with today being day 195.

Need to catch up!! :mrgreen:

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Ok, now you're just showing off. LMAO. Hope you're having as much fun as the kids are. Luck to you, and the kids, Argy.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby bdrosen » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:56 am

Personally, I'm less impressed by the number of books you have read and more impressed by the fact that you have been able to track them so well. I figure I've averaged at least a book a day over the same time frame, but there is no way that I could list them all out !

As for the books listed - a lot of them I have read as well. Were these books that you had never read before, or were some of them re-reads? Was there a minimum page length for any of them? I noticed some were longer than others.

If you really want to make this list interesting, it would be great if you could put some sort of indication as to how good the books were (ie 1 - 5 stars, etc) For example, you have a lot of SM Reine books on the list. Does that mean that you really liked those books and that they would be worth taking a look at?

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:13 pm

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Still behind after my vacation...

Heading back to work for my first shift since vaca and still about 9 books back.

Going to have to step it up a notch!

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:23 am

Hello Everyone!

So, I've been working on catching up (or so I thought). Was moving closer to being even, but then had some news that is going to put a big kibosh on everything. A project for my company had a deadline of October 31st, 2014. That has been drastically moved up to August 25th! :shock:

So I'm going to be spending all of my non-nursing time for the next few weeks working to complete this project so it gets done on time. I'll still be popping in every now and then, I'll also help with new releases, but book reading is going to take a big hit here for a while. Thankfully, the first few winter months coming up should allow me to catch up before the end of the year. ;)

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 am

Hey Argy

Sorry to hear that you have so much going on all at once. I've been following your progress on the books and was impressed. I like to think I read a lot but it's certainly not a book a day. Good luck with everything you're currently juggling.

Edward / Twips / Twips182

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”