Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Argy's New Years Resolution

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
Kat
Voracious Reader

Re: Argy's New Years Resolution

Unread postby Kat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 am

Try the baen download CDs. There are some that aren't that good, but David Weber or John Ringo books for example are really amazing in my opinion. And, since it's OFFICIAL and FREE it isn't against the law to download and read those collections.
http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

(hint: try the march upcountry series!)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just fulfilled a promise (wink wink Ronald Dukarski) to add the # of times I've read books since 2009 (since I've been keeping track). The indicator is on the first post.

I'm behind right now by about 15 books due to this last huge project that I'm working on. Seems that nearly everything that could go wrong, has. I'm finally catching up some on it and hope to have it done by the end of the weekend. Then I just have to catch up on that reading!!

Hope you all are doing well! If you have any questions about some of the books that I've either read once, or multiple times, please feel free to post a reply or PM me. ;)

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Shenya
Early Reader

Unread postby Shenya » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm

I think it's great, because I read about the same pace and this has given me a couple series that I hadn't previously known about. So thanks! :D Oh, and as someone else mentioned I'm also amazed at how well you track them.

Oh, and btw. Don't try adding Worm, Deja vu ascendency, or Symbiote to your list if you want to keep up :D Read them at the recommendation of the What to read thread and they take a week to read :)

G'luck keeping up!

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:40 pm

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:26 am

Clocks ticking Argy...How far along are you now?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 am

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Remember, Argy, health comes first! Resolutions are not legally binding. Look at the U.N., Congress and almost everyone else... eat right, sleep well and enjoy life to the fullest. Besides, you'll have to leave time for Dale' s books, too.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Baah! If he gets sick that will just give him more time off work to reach his reading goal...

Or you know, do what Ronald said...

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah well here's the thing. See unbeknownst to Argy we signed up several hundred sponsors who made pledges based on him completing the books. We may have mentioned that it was for a good cause....That being the endangered Bradypus Pygmaeus.. More commonly known as the Three Toed Sloth ....Sooooo.

Oh Argy if you could get with the staff there are several meet and greets set up for you and the sponsors :)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”