Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Argy's New Years Resolution

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: Argy's New Years Resolution

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:38 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm

The boys in the back room say to leave Argy alone. He doesn't have to make the whole 365, just enough to cover the spread. You'll do that, right Argy?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Cmon Argy do it for her!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Ok, Twips that was uncalled for. Now some of the Trice-haters are gonna start talking about type-casting again!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Hey Guys...

I'll be working very hard on getting those books in before the deadline. I'm still trying to average more than 250 pages per book, so it isn't like I can go and read a bunch of short stuff either. Just need to read faster and spend more waking time on it. ;)

I actually identify with 3-toed sloths a great deal. I'll work hard to make sure the donations reach the sloths sometime this century. :D

Nice photo by the way!

I'm saving most of Dale's books for next year so I can enjoy and savor them. I'll reread one of them every now and then as they pop into my head though. Hopefully, we'll see a decrease in the gap between "what I've read" and "days of the year". You all have already wished me luck and it seems to be helping! Looking forward to celebrating completing that last book a day or two early so I can celebrate on New Year's Eve instead of trying to cram one-last-book in. :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Atta boy Argy! A mother and her son thank you :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 am

Added some progress today.

Ended up going to the gym and walking for an hour on the treadmill while reading a book on my iPad. I'll catch up sooner or later!

Looks like we're going to be receiving an arctic blast here in the next few days. Should be perfect weather to get some good reading done!

Stay warm everyone!

290 Books Read / Day 313

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello Everyone!

In my attempts to save the sloths, I've made some progress in the whole "catching up" process.

Just finished book #310 and I'm partway through day #324. So I'm about 2 weeks behind! :?

Still trying to keep my Word-Count-Average-Per-Book at about 250 pages. It is making it a bit difficult to catch up, but there are worse things in life. ;)

Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying a good book this week!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Good Job Argy! Keep us posted :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today is day #343. I have 22 days left of reading (EEK!) and 27 books to read (double EEK!!).

As some of you are aware, I'm trying to keep an average number of pages read per book on top of the total number. The point of that is to keep me mostly honest and not read too many double-digit page length books. ;)

Since we're coming close to the end of things here, I thought I'd share a few stats with you before I get back to reading. :D

Time/Date of Stats: Dec 9th, 12:15pm CST
Number of Books Read: 338
Number of Pages Read: 82,600
Average Number Pages: 244 (rounded up)

Happy Holiday Shopping Everyone!! :mrgreen:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”