Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Well now don't I seem all wimpy and whiny, I spent the weekend in line with my wife for early and real black Friday and entertaining my spoiled(yeah, I know it's my own fault) grandson. It sounds a lot easier than what you've had to do. Let me get this round. Just coffee for me I'm driving today. Marcia, check your messages if you get time, nothing important just something I ran not over the weekend. Well back on the bus for me, later all.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Ron... cant find a message from you...

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Hey, I hear Zack is going to be joining us soon! How awesome is that?! Maybe I can get that line walker to zip me to Florida for a few days of sun and R & R. Drove home in a snow storm and ready for some WARM.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Don't know if you're getting hammered like we are right now, (10-12 inches today, had the snow blower out three times by 6 pm) but I understand it only gets better- minus 10° tomorrow night with a wind chill of -35or-40, yay Michigan! Maybe we could get Mr. Power to invent a character that can move entire states or change weather patterns. I also got the good news that I get to serve on jury duty the end of this month. Now if I just got a dog and it left me I could write some serious country music.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 am

Get it right, the wife leaves in country music. The dog actually dies etc.... ;)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:42 am

Hey, the wife reads the forum occasionally, don't want to give her any ideas. And I kinda like dogs.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 am

And that last sentence has nothing to do with my taste in women! (Smart a**es!)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Hey everyone, didn't know where, or if, I should post this; so here it is. Just got off jury duty late Friday afternoon, after one day of jury selection, one day of trial, and three days of deliberation. It was interesting. Selection was boring. The trial was...So many different things, even laughable. Then came deliberation. I've never experienced such animosity, camaraderie, frustration, and humor in one place in three days, ever. The case revolved around a domestic assault. Should have been simple, even the judge expected a verdict the next day after we were empanelled but as inexperienced as we were with legalese it didn't turn out that way. Two of the three counts were easy, but the third... well basically the D.A. really was piling on. He was trying out a new law in MI. That breaks down assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder even further to strangulation or suffocation ( but reads " domestic assault that includes intentionally strangling or suffocating a person to wit...) The victim did have a scratch on her neck, and not a very deep one but enough to show that something did happen in the vicinity of her neck. Every woman (there were five) and three men (older-70 plus) instantly said guilty the remaining men said not so fast, please. So we argued for three days on that last count until finally we came to the agreement that we weren't going to come to an agreement. So the eight caved and said Not guilty.as it turns out the count comes with a sentence of up to life in prison. (We were not told this 'til after the trial because sentencing is not up to the jury.) For two nights I couldn't sleep, I was surprised it affected me as much as it did. And it took almost four hours talking with my daughter(the lawyer) to bring me down, I was so worked up. As far as I was concerned, we were about to sentence a man to life for pushing his girlfriend around. The D.A. did not show that he intended to stop her from breathing, only that he may have scratched her neck . The other eight felt that since he had his hands near her neck, he was a bad guy who tried to strangle her and needed a lesson about hitting a woman so sure, guilty.
Well anyway I'm calm now. Just needed to get this off my chest, so read it or don't. Just needed to vent and this is the only forum I felt comfortable with. Somebody set me up with a good scotch, I earned it.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Wow Ron... I didn't know about that new law. Scarey! Glad your feeling better!!!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”