Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
Sommer
Intermediate Reader

Re: Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Unread postby Sommer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:58 am

Nice

Can you not see it just there my boy that light is the peace and like all we should strive to grab it and bring it into our hearts
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey set me up for a drink at midnight! Working over, short staff due to to flu

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:56 am

To any and all who visit here, as is the convention, have a joyous and meaningful Easter... even if it is just sitting on the couch reading, occasionally looking out the window at the snow that just fell. Like it did here. At least the pavement was warm enough it doesn't need shovelling... yet. Enjoy the day as you can, it's the only today you get for the next 24 hours.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
lenoirdenantes
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lenoirdenantes » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Have a Blessed Easter.
Where is Essexville?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:58 pm

About 100miles north of Detroit. Use your hand, point at the pit of your thumb. It's right there.

By the way, yes, we had about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of snow. All melted now, but yeah...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Okay, so the website has been quiet for awhile, I thought I'd put something up just to show it was still functioning. It's spring and along with it comes all the sports for the kids so I've been busy. Little league for my grandson, and all the sports programs for the schools. Trips going out almost daily for baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, field trips for the elementary kids, bands, and on top of it all I still have yard work at home. Not to mention helping with "spring cleaning". I'M SUPPOSED TO BE RETIRED!!! Just to top it off, the school district has decided to replace all our buses with new vehicles with air brakes. So that means classes for an air brake endorsement on our CDL' s and a driver's test in front of a state certified examiner. So, how you doin' ?

lenoirdenantes
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lenoirdenantes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am

Ron, I grew up in northwest Detroit and spent my summers in Roscommon. Hi, neighbor.
I'm retired too. Now live in a suburb of Cincinnati. Retirement is definitely not what it is advertised.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 am

You got that right, Len. The wife can start drawing social security this December, maybe she'll finally let me "really" retire. My daughter lives in Plymouth, so we're all over Clinton, Novi, and that area. Or is that too far north from where you grew up?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu May 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Okay, sports fans, it's little league time again, and the grandson is playing again this year and I'm coaching again. So far his team is 9-0 with 5 games to play. Tonight's game was a squeaker 6-5 with the last two runs coming in as steals of home. This will be probably his last year in this league, as his mom (my step-daughter) is planning to move about 20-30 miles away. He's an accomplished catcher, a good hitter and becoming a pretty good pitcher. He's had two triples, numerous doubles and singles. This was the first game he didn't get a hit. In two outings as a pitcher he closed a game with 3 up; 3 down in the final 2 innings. In his first start, he went into the 4th with a no-hitter, but walked 3 in a row and was taken out (he was getting tired). All in all, I'm a proud grandpa and coach. Can't tell you how good it feels to relive my childhood! Well, that's it for sports. Good night everyone.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:04 am

Hello sports fans, to recap, the grandson' s team went 14- 1 and 1 through the season. We won the championship in the play-offs. Of the 80-some players in the 10 and under division, my grandson and 12 others were selected for the All-Star team from Essexville which will represent us in the state tournament. Still taking him to 5 days per week practices (though not coaching) so I've been distracted. Well, that's all I have. Marcia if you're reading this, good luck with your adventure. I both envy and sympathize with you.

Oh yeah, really ready for that new set of books Dale. Hurry please.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”