Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge!

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Hey, if anyone is looking for a fairly decent 7" tablet, Amazon has the Kindle Fire (base unit, 8gig storage but expandable with a mini SD card, two lower res cameras and a semi HD (720) screen) for $34.99+ shipping. I'm buying myself one as a spare. Could be a nice holiday, Christmas, Q'wanza, whatever gift.

Oh yeah, they also have a deal, I think, that if you buy 5, you get the 6th one free.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu May 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Thinking of having an afternoon cocktail. Had a crash & burn roll through into ICU from the med/surg floor at 5:30. Difficult intubation, got lines in(iv) and had to call in a urologist to get the Foley in, he had to dilate a structure. Oh, and the computer system went down at 3pm. It finally came back online just before shift change at 7pm, so rushed giving late meds to my other patients then sat in front on the computer to chart until 8:30. I copied/dragged & dropped hourly assessments left & right! Dang my brain wanted to wander off and go home. At least I kept decent notes of rough times on meds given to the new intubated patient on scraps of paper shoved in my pocket so I could do halfway correct charting. I MISS paper charting!

Okay I'll have that cocktail now. Something fruity & not too strong, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Wanted to hang out with the gang here, maybe Zack might take me to check out Lesser Shia!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu May 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Sounds like a rough day, Marsh. Hope the patients are okay. Just imagine what nurses had to do before computers and recorders... Oops, maybe you can.

We're down in Plymouth, near Detroit, to doggie sit while my daughter goes to her 25th reunion as s congressional page In D.C. As an aside she was a page when Bernie Sanders and Nancy Pelosy were both freshmen senators. She jokes that They were so new that she had to show Bernie where the johns were. Annnyywaaayy...

Set up two of those fruity things and have one for me. If you get too drunk and friendly, your husband can thank me.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon May 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Marcia,

Sounds like one of those shifts that I'll never miss now that I'm out of the ER. As I don't drink, you can have mine. :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Just wanted to stop in and visit my friends here. Missing ya'll!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 am

Hey Marcia, yeah its been pretty quiet out there. Everybody must be busy having summer fun. Or working. Its strange up north here, in my area, its been a lot like Florida. Hot, an quite dry. If it rains, its hard and quick. Hope things are good for you. I'm hoping Dale turns loose a book soon. I understand you've read the first Tony book, I hope Dale releases it soon. Have you heard from him lately? Wonder how he is? Well, back to the "honey do list. Keep In touch.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:33 pm

It's just really hard to type with the shakes. I'm in major withdrawal and hoping Dale gives me a fix soon.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Scales will be coming in about two weeks? Before the end of the month, if I can manage it. :)

Then I have to hit the Tony trilogy hard.

For August.

MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey Argy, the place seems pretty quiet, you still in business :)
Set me up a nice meal, gluten free if you don’t mind, unless you want the bathroom in here to see some heavy use :)

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Hey, MasterfulZora.

Business is slow and I don’t get back here too often anymore. Too much going on in reality to participate as much as I’d like here in the Multiverse and such. How’s things with you?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”