Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX's Evernote Book Tracking Method

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Re: ArgyrosfeniX's Evernote Book Tracking Method

Unread postby jjmcafee » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 am

I just googled Evernote and saw that there was a referral reward from them. Argy, what info do you need from me to collect since you certainly earned it?

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:44 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Right now the only thing I can think of is to live for a looong time! Still, it would be super cool if Amazon let us set up a short list of Authors (maybe 6 or 7 or so) that we could get an automatic notification when they publish a new work. I know I missed the new Glen Farris book by an entire day! Grrrr.

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:10 pm

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, I signed up for that on a few authors about 4 Dale books ago. It hasn't worked once, at all.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:08 am

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah, I kind of gave up on auto notifications. I keep my favorite authors amazon kindle search in favorites, and I manually check the other 80 or so on occasion. Maybe every few months. Its pretty fast, I just right click and have it open all the windows at once, I can get through all 20 windows in less than a minute. Just have to make sure you sort by release date before saving the favorite, or the new book can get buried in the results.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Shenya
Early Reader

Unread postby Shenya » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 am

Yeah, I've been doing the same for some time. Just recently I had to split them into separate folders though, the count was getting too high causing page timeouts. Really wish the notification feature worked though!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”