Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 am

Hey everyone just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Not too much going on with me except for work. I was disappointed that Dale said it's going to be a bit on the Sara book but what can you do? Yes of course scotch is the solution and it does dull the pain of the wait but I'm still anxious for the book. Hope you all are doing well. :)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Hey Twips, Popular Mechanics again. An article entitled Whiskey Pigs. It seems an enterprising distiller heard that black Iberian pigs produce a ham distinctly flavored by the acorns they eat. So, Templeton Rye decided to feed pigs the rye mash left from brewing their whiskey. It worked. There is a distinct and apparently very good taste to the meat. Ham and bacon especially.Sounds like a natural for scotch, don't you think?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:11 pm

What's the difference between raw leather and whiskey? They taste about the same.
As for scotch....possibly drinkable with lots of soft drinks mixed in it.

:ugeek: I have no idea why people like it...well, maybe in 20 years. Young people are probably not built for it just yet. Like babies and spinach.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Excellent Ron we'll have the team gather some stock and see what we come up with...Be sure to let Argy know we'll be using the space behind the pub.

Kat Kat kitty Kat no blaspheming in the scotch chapel or no milk bowl for U. ;)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Not really implying anything Kat, but tasting liquor is sort of rather ordinary. Tasting leather on the other hand... Um ... kinky.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Greetings all! I'm very excited about the additions to Dead End that Dale is about to release. For the first time ever I requested a early edit copy by email. I never do this although I'm always anxious to read new material like everyone else. I never do it because I'm selfish and want to see the polished final copy. So anyway I requested it and Dale was kind enough to send it over. The problem was once I got it I couldn't read it. Oh I started a few lines but then I had to stop. I want the whole finished story. I even have a bottle of 18 year old Highland Park on standby to celebrate the occasion. So I feel a little bad about not being able to help but the voices tell me that I shouldn't overly concern myself and they're usually right.

On the other hand Marcia is a little afraid of the books and she's helping out sooo.....Nope can't do it. Must wait for the finished product!

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Just a simple thought on my 24th wedding anniversary (second time around): marriage is like prison but without the sex. Cheers:(

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Congratulations Ron! 24 years of marriage in america is 3x the national average. Well done sir..enjoy your day! :D

Oh and thanks ..your anniversary was just the nudge I needed to have a glass. Tipping a little 10 year old Talisker to help u celebrate. ;)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Congratulations Ron!

Jockla
Early Reader

Unread postby Jockla » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:11 pm

If you're not keen on straight whiskey, try the whiskey liqueurs. The best known is Drambuie, but there is also Lochcan Ora, and my favourite, Glayva.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”