Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Damn Twips, harsh! But just remember, you'll probably out-live one and can probably ignore the others, not the wife, do that at your own risk. Me? I got a ring side seat for the go-around between my wife and her daughter concerning the voluntary quit of her (the daughter's) job in this economy. Home for the Holidays, yay.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:28 pm

That sounds like a handful hours of hell there Twips...

Mine was good - spent them at work dealing with people that don't know how to chew food and others that ate the wrong food... Among other things.

Got to celebrate with my family twice! The first, a nice short hour dinner before going to work where we wanted to have a "nice dinner", just the three of us. Apparently, my daughter's version of "nice dinner" is different than my own. Is it too late to send her to a Miss Manners class at the age of 14?

The second was a lovely event with my parents, brothers and their families. We ate, made merry, watched a slide show and then opened gifts that my mother and brother brought back from their trip to Thailand (there for 3 weeks). Despite all the photos shown of various Buddha statues seen during their tours and knowing that I am Buddhist, they didn't think to pick up one as a gift. Instead, they picked up a ceramic bowl and flask set that my wife joking referring to as a "hooka". A little disappointed, but at least they thought of us. ;)

Enjoying the buildup to Christmas and not enjoying the lightness of my wallet. Hope all the rest of you are staying warm and possibly enjoying a nice, smooth Scotch (see what I did there? ;) ).

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 am

Okay, I'm sitting here on Dec. 10th, thinking I'm too old for this carp! Since Thanksgiving, I've ...

1) worried about a step daughter losing her job and possibly moving in - she got a new job, so dodged a bullet there.

2) saw a school millage defeated, and my hourly pay cut- unilaterally- by $1.50 an hour; it's not so much the money, but I wish the administration (who gave up nothing) would sit in the driver's seat with their back to 40-50 screaming pre-adolescents and try to drive in traffic, without an aide, while attempting to keep control of said pre-adolescents and a 43 foot, 8 ton vehicle- and then tell me my wages were " not commensurate with services provided". Feeling pissy? Yeah, a little.

3) went into my basement, and found my water heater had taken a dump all over the floor. After clean-up, and replacement, by myself alone, I find the township requires a permit AND inspection! F@#K -ME!
At additional cost! F@#K-ME, thoroughly!

4) 5 MORE DAYS AT LEAST UNTIL DALE DROPS ANOTHER BOOK !!! And I'm thinking, at my age? At 65? I'm asking time to hurry up? No, NO slow time down. No wait, hurry up, I can't wait for Dale' s New book. Just hurry and get past all the crud in my life, no, don't hurry time I want live... crap, just kill me now.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:48 am

Sounds like you need a drink Ron... How about a scotch on the house?

Cheers!!

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Make it a double,-neat! And cyanide chaser.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Double neat it is! (Sans chaser... Dale needs his readers!)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Got it, thanks Argy

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Dang Ron sorry to hear about the trouble. Sometimes you're going up hill but sooner or later you reach the top and it's smooth sailing going down. Well unless you're actually a mountain climber...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that more climbers die going down Everest then up...err sorry..um..how bout those Packers?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Yeah Marcia, I still got hope for the Lions, a little, anyway. And Twips? In my roley-poley shape, I 'll have no problem making it down hill... fast. A few bumps and bruises, maybe, but in one piece. But what if the other side of the mountain is a huge-ass cliff? I don't bounce too good. Sorry, just a little cranky, must be that time of the month or sumpin'. Or time of life... Hey you kids, get off my grass. Damn little whipper-snappers.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”