Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
twips182
Voracious Reader

Scotch

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I have an important topic to discuss and that topic is Scotch. I have recently discovered that I like it. I have been drinking 12 year old Highland Park and would welcome any other suggestions.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Scotch

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Well since I don't really care for scotch, can't give suggestions. But just wanted to say I liked your upbeat attitude about the subject of new discoveries. ;)

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Many thanks DitN and welcome to my exclusive sublet scotch forum! Soon thousands will join us and we will hold a vote on the official scotch of the P.S. Power website. :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:18 pm

DitN just wanted to let you know I tried the Lagavulin and it was very good. They sure are proud of it tho it was some high dollar scotch..thx again for the suggestion sir.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:51 pm

I have always favored single malt (as opposed to the blends), and The Glenlivet is a reasonably priced brand. Also love the Glenfiddich, but that is a bit more pricey. In general, the older it is the more expensive it will be, and as the costs go, so goes the smoothness.

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:12 am

jjmcafe thank you for the suggestions. In my limited experience I also like the single malts. However a friend of mine who is a bit of a world traveller told me that if you like scotch get to know Johnny Walker because you can find him in any bar in the world. The one I tried was Johnny Walker black and it was pretty good. I look forward to trying out your suggestions jjmcafe and will come back here with the review. :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Please, call me Jim. And it is true about the JW. The Red is good as well, if not as available.

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Jim I was out the other night and had some of the Glenfiddich. It's a little lighter with what I would call "fruit" flavors to it. I tend to like the scotch with a more smokey peat flavor but it was good and something different from what I have been going with. Thanks again for the advice sir.

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”