Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Noram Counties

Details of places as described in the books
GrassHopperJonez
Early Reader

Re: Noram Counties

Unread postby GrassHopperJonez » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Okay. Sorry, I must have missed that post. Been trying to read it all but it's a lot to go through.

Thanks!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:59 pm

No worries! It might not even be talked about here on the forum... There's some info on his website, and he and I have discussed it a bit via email, so no telling for sure how I know that. Lol

Tahg
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Tahg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 am

I agree with most of these county placements, but have a few corrections. Galasia isn't a county at all, it's a Barony in county Harris. ... Which is in completely the wrong place. It's on the west coast, between county Ford and county Lairdgren. It's stated that it has a narrow bit of coastline, but I would place it roughly around Nevada. County Ward is as best I can tell is on the East coast, I think where Florida would be, with County Printer being north of that, say Georgia and the Carolinas. I may have those two counties swapped. I agree with the rough placement of the capital (County Cordes), and know for sure it has borders Ford to the west, Rodriguez to the south, and Morris (County Baker once Tiara killed Count Morris and family) to the East. The wildlands, are to the north of the capital about 200 miles, and while not stated probably part of County Cordes.

Duchy Keene:
Her Duchy covers the western part of Canada, assuming Holde(r/n) is in the right place. I don't have any info to refute that. Her home resides at the corner of her other 4 counties. There's no real clues as to which is where, but assuming Timon travelled them in a sensible order in TDHotS, we have County Thompson on the western coast, on the northern border of Lairdgren, County Breen borders Holder, so that's in the northwest, County Richland to the east of Thompson, and County Alan to the north of Richland and east of Breen.

I've been binge reading the books the last few weeks, currently at 15/19 books of the YA series, but plan on combing through the books for info after that to update the wiki / here. The above is just what I recall from memory. The two best sources (at least of the books I've read so far) are "The Dark Half of the Sun" and "Envoy to Earth".

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Descriptions of Places”