Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Character Names- Gerent

Descriptions of what each person in the books look like.
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Character Names- Gerent

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am attempting to work on the Wiki tonight adding some nice functionality. I've gotten to the end of The Young Ancients series and can't seem to remember what Gerent's last name is...

For some reason I believe that it was changed to "Baker" when he was adopted, but I'm not sure.

Also, do we know what his last name was before the adoption?

Thanks ever so much for the assist!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Re: Character Names

Unread postby Hokonoso » Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 am

He had no last name before the adoption and was always referred to as Gerrent Lairdgren after that... no Baker. Ofc if you read the last book you see he found out his real last name...

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue May 20, 2014 10:55 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue May 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Gerent's parents were:
Daniel Harris (Daniel's father was Maurice) he had the "combat rage" severely, frequent fierce ones and was kept on the country estate. His father hired a serving girl who gave into Danial's charm and became his lover.
Leslie had Gerent about 5 years into the relationship. She was of merchant stock. They never married but stayed together and loved Gerent even though he was born wrong.
Daniel went into a rage and after several days (six I think) he died. A few months later Leslie died too.
The Huntsman took Gerent from the estate, one of those adults that liked to use small people.
He learned all this from his cousin, the very elderly Dowager Harris, and Gerent is actually a noble from birth.
Dowager Harris' son Maverick Harris is the sitting count.

Hope that was enough! ;)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue May 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Character Names- Gerent

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Just realized something else about Gerrent. He looks Chinese. I remember since I called dibs on him for role playing for Halloween and Dale blew my mind telling us that. If so wouldn't one of his parents need to be Chinese looking also? (Hey Dale, any chance Gerrent is Brian?)

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:06 pm

No... His coloration of skin is about the same as a Chinese persons. (an average one, that is.) His facial features are more European, and a bit goofy looking, but not distorted anymore.

:)

Though don't get hung up on race, since some of the people that match up, later, will be of different races too. There's a reason for it. Infinite worlds, and all that. Some of them do look the same however, since their worlds are close enough in the stream of reality.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 pm

LOL... So translation, they could be anyone... How about cross gender?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Yeah, that happens... Dale said it can sometimes. Maybe the Baker boys ,Tor anyway might just cross dress...

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Character Descriptions”