Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Character Mind Warp....

Descriptions of what each person in the books look like.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Character Mind Warp....

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Hey Marcia, the hair isn't THAT fuzzy, but who is this Curly you speak of ? Is that John's nickname?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

Here's a prelemenary of Tiera. That was hard. I've only got two more candidate pictures, and I still don't know if they'll work out. And Dale was right: green and sky blue aren't so great together... ;)

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 pm

And if I remember correctly, most of the Bakers were described as very light skinned. I always pictured them as sort of Irish-looking.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah, the technique I was using made the hair look weird at darker tones. The underlying image determines a lot of the outcome, sometimes even if I were to make a longer project of it (although at that point I would probably just paint it). Here is one fo the other candidates. In some ways it's better, but in other ways it falls short.

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:24 pm

You're right, even though the first doesn't look like her it has a more tiera-ish feeling than the second...
The second just lacks....intensity I guess.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 am

I guess the hard thing is that none of the ancient Bakers ever really needed makeup. Maybe looking for more buzz cuts of brunette's may get us closer for Tiera.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm

You're both right.

At first I had hopes for "buzz cut" as a search term, but while interesting results turned up, none of them met my criteria. They were all too small, not professionally shot, too glamorous, or too modern looking, or the women weren't attractive enough (subjective, I know, but I'm the one doing the work ;)). Also, most had hair slightly shorter than what I think was described in the book, but I could be wrong there.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 pm

this is more what I think of.

BTW. I'm home! and a bit tired :lol:

Attachments
Buzz cut-natalie-portman.jpg
Buzz cut-natalie-portman.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 3886 times

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Character Descriptions”