Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Character Mind Warp....

Descriptions of what each person in the books look like.
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Re: Character Mind Warp....

Unread postby rockhazard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

This one was pretty fun, although I couldn't make her skin as dark as it was supposed to be. It would have muddled the tonal range...

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
Jockla
Early Reader

Unread postby Jockla » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Nice picture, but my image of her was vertical spikey hair in a ludicrous bright red.

Jockla
Early Reader

Unread postby Jockla » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Like righthand Teira

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:48 pm

About Abby, that's mostly subjective, which is an inherent issue with this little project. The concrete details are sparse, so this is what I chose. True, the hair could stand to be brighter, but she's a descendant of Gray, so there's no reason her hair can't be relaxed. Her hair style was never actually mentioned, I don't think, just the color. Tiera's hair was given much more attention, really. Here's the hair a bit brighter.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:36 pm

"brilliant bird like red hair that stuck up several inches and fanned out just a bit all over."
I've seen that in real life, but I'm betting that a good picture of that is going to be hard to find. I'm tempted to stick with what I've got.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 am

found a few that might work for Abbie..
The blond would probably be the easiest to get the hair bright red, and eyes ice blue, and possibly the skin almost blue black? Tho the last one is more what I imagined in facial features ect...

Attachments
spiky-short-hairstyles.jpg
spiky-short-hairstyles.jpg (310.58 KiB) Viewed 7222 times
spiky-haircuts-for-women6.jpg
spiky-haircuts-for-women6.jpg (122.22 KiB) Viewed 7222 times
spiky-haircuts-for-women.jpg
spiky-haircuts-for-women.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 7222 times
Spiky-Hair-Style-Black-Women.jpg
Spiky-Hair-Style-Black-Women.jpg (89.48 KiB) Viewed 7222 times
Spiky-hair-for-black-women.jpg
Spiky-hair-for-black-women.jpg (19.44 KiB) Viewed 7222 times

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Found an avatar maker
so had some fun! Tor, Trice, Sara, and Alphonse.

Attachments
Tor.png
Tor.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Trice.png
Trice.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Sara.png
Sara.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Alphonse2.png
Alphonse2.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 7219 times

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:41 pm

My problem was and is the geometry of the hair. None of those are very close to what the description had me imagining, although the blond comes closest. It literally seemed like the primary feature of the hairstyle was that it went up noticeably, then fanned out in a way that seemed separate from the root of the strands, like a short tree. Most of those styles are more like bushes, not trees. I could just be wrong in how I'm reading the details, but so much of this is subjective anyway.

BTW, I'm going to be without a computer for like 2 weeks starting Monday, so not much more production is coming out of me real soon. But after I figure out Abby and Ali (who should be simple, everything considered), I'm going to switch to working on the men for a bit. They're going to be difficult. Too many images make them look like major d-bags or they've got the kind of stubble that makes them look too old.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Character Descriptions”