Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

More future greatness

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

More future greatness

Unread postby brainsniffer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:56 am

I think we've talked about the future a bit here, 3d printing, global resources, how bright and awesome it'll be before we destroy ourselves. This is just another great thing to look forward to, along with the mass-layoffs due to automation, and corporate nations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0nr2VVEJw

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: More future greatness

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:47 am

So, the next time someone says something about pounding us back to the stone age, it might not be such a bad idea? I think I'll go bone up on my boy scout training.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:14 am

Jeez Louise. Your book Cheat is so gonna happen.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:26 pm

This'll probably sound nuts, but apart from the stupidity in that youtube video, which will definitely happen... one of the interesting things for me is if Hollywood would embrace that idea and "tweak" actors performances in editing beyond edits and into actual performance nuance... ie adjust their facial expressions, add words, movements, etc. It's just an interesting thought to me as to what a "performance" entails, and if the performer is open to such tweaking, and if the performer does it or the director directs someone else to do it - ala Andy Serkis.

Then we get into awards - if someone's performance is minutely tweaked after the fact, do they deserve a Best Actor award?

I remember back in the day people used to talk about 3d rendering dead actors like Audrey Hepburn - imagine if they get a model of her so precise and then Andy Serkis acted, minutely tweaked, using that voice rendering based off her past performances to put whatever words they wanted out there... they'd release one movie as a "gimmick" - but then if that's successful, economics of scale - they'd probably release more...

It'd be interesting if we even need actors in the future :P Just another industry we can do without ;)

Ah well, I'm just being pessimistic, as I am :)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:23 pm

If you live long enough, everything will eventually change.

We just happen to be in a very dense period of it. If we're clever, and lucky, we'll be fine. If we aren't... Well, then things might be a bit rocky over the next fifty years or so. People tend to work things out, however.

Unless they die.

Which would just suck.

Avoid that part. That's my plan. No dying. At least not until I'm done.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”