Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Member Professions

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Darrin
Intermediate Reader

Re: Member Professions

Unread postby Darrin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Financial/Business Analyst

LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:44 am

Prepare to be amazed, to be filled with total awe. I am the rare (of course is you count profuse as being rare ) ihop cook, for 1year. Before that the extremly necessary papa Johns delivery driver for a year and a half. Before that mcdonalds,1 year. Also was an assistant librarian for an elementary school while in high school. No please no bowing necessary. Unofficial jobs are, writing I have some concepts and ideas I just keep getting sidetracked when I actually sit down to write, likeabrother (should be an official title since I get told it by women overy and overy again. That's about it, well unless of course we are including past/future/alternate lives. That would be a topic for another day though I can't give away all my secrets at once, now that wouldn't be very fun.

You can't always choose who you let into your life, but you can choose which window to throw them out of! Duke
lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Science teacher for the last 17 years (6 in Chicago WEST SIDE!!). Two of those years taught in the Cook County jail (I've got some stories let me tell you). Before that was college and 4 years at a Sonic-drive in as a cook and assistant manager. Before that was four years as a combat engineer with the U.S. Army. My original job though was growing up on a dairy farm in East Texas.

If you know anything about Jasper, Texas you know why I left that area and never came back. When my dad passed away this year I cut all ties with that place.

Oh, and I help my brother from time to time with editing and bouncing ideas around when my graduate school classes are under control.

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
kargren
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby kargren » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:08 am

Secure Network Admin in the military for 7 years
Helpdesk Tech for 8 years

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:01 am

Yes, LC Allen above is my younger brother. He's been a ton of help getting my writing off the ground. Also one of the smartest people I've ever known. I think I can claim responsibility for getting him hooked on Dale's books, back when I bugged him incessantly to read Builder.

When not doing the writing thing, I work as assistant manager of an adult novelty store with movies...no, actually I'm a lawyer but the first job actually garners more respect.

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:16 pm

A lawyer? So which Greater Demon are you?

lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Actually he works as a clown part time. You know with children.....

Ok, that even creeped me out, and I'm one sick puppy.

He does eat like a greater demon. I haven't seen him eat anything green or leafy in years.

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
bitflipper
Early Reader

Unread postby bitflipper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Let's see... I was in IT (software development, network admin, and management) for sixteen years before the eighteen-month life cycle for current knowledge in the field finally took its toll and drove me to ulcers. Since then, for the past twelve years, I've done electrical, electronic, and mechanical design, as well as working as an electronics tech and a calibration tech in aerospace and in oil & gas. I suppose my entire career could be summarized as "unrepentant geek." That, or maybe just "slow learner."

Life is a game, the object of which is to determine the object of the game.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”