Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:22 pm

There has been some debate as to how this happened on another forum. Brent Smith came up with this workaround : go to your search engine (google works for sure) type in amazon author forum followed by your favorite author's name then bookmark it. For now, hope that will do.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:21 am

I doubt it was unintentional, or the change wouldn't have persisted that long.

DAAgnew
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby DAAgnew » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 am

Here is the latest from Tech support :-(

Hello,

I'm writing to follow up on your recent request regarding Customer Discussions.

We recently changed the technical systems behind our Author Pages, and part of those changes included removing some of the pieces that the Customer Discussions forums needed in order to work correctly.

We know that some customers and authors were still using this feature, and we regret that it's no longer available. We hope that our future improvements will keep you in touch with your customers and make your experience using Author Pages a positive one.

Thanks for using Author Central.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Originally this had been listed as a "mistake caused by upgrade" so I guess they decided just fixing the issue they would think about another upgrade to break something else.

There was a work around suggested in a prior post, but I can't find it and there are "deleted by amazon" posts in the general area, so maybe they are working to kill these forums :(

Anyway you can use google to search "amazon author forums" for a base starting point or add the authors name for specific people for now

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm

The Sergeant's Apprentice (Schooled in Magic Book 11) by Christopher Nuttall. Hell YEA! Emily goes to WAR!

Snake Eyes: A novel of the Demon Accords by John Conroe.

The Pit of No Return (The King Henry Tapes Book 6) by Richard Raley.

Kitty Cat by Robin Roseau

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:39 am

by T S Paul makes for sufficiently entertaining light reading.

Seeing that all his books are KU eligible, I also checked out his other series:

(I linked the books that aren't part of the main list):
[ALC 001.00] Forgotten Engineer, The
[ALC 002.00] Engineering Murder
[ALC 003.00] Ghost Ships of Terra
[ALC 004.00] Revolutionary
[ALC 005.00] Insurrection
[ALC 006.00] Imperial Subversion
(chronologically book 0, but makes more sense to read here)
[ALC 007.00] Martian Inheritance, The

[ALC 008.00] Infiltration

[ALC 009.00] Prelude to War

[ALC 010.00] War to the Knife

The Federal Witch (doesn't seem to be properly assigned as a series on Amazon):

They aren't the most brilliant writing and all pretty short, but I found them all to also make for quite entertaining and (mostly) humours (the later Athena Lee books get a bit darker) light reading.

DAAgnew
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby DAAgnew » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 am

Fairly sure Michael Anderle's Kurtherian Gambit has been mentioned, but it is the base for Alpha Class. Also the Frank Kurns stories in that universe as if written by a character in the main story. and The Dark Messiah line after book 15 also by Anderle.
There are also several coauthor spin offs (mostly taking place around books 13 to 15 in the main story line). Boris (with Paul C. Middleton) starts earlier but goes through the end of the world. Justin Sloan's Reclaiming Honor, and Craig Martelle's Nomad series both set after WW3 expand things in this universe. There is one other author set and a couple more discussing areas of coverage to come.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:45 am

Perilous Waif (Alice Long Book 1) by E. William Brown. The beginning of a sci-fi series by the author who brought us Daniel Black (which he needs to get back to).

Shapeless by Glenn Bullion.

Techromancy Scrolls: Masquerade by Erik Schubach.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”