Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Shadelit » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Gotta say. LOVING the Wizard Born ones. Saw their post this morning and on the third one now.

Pyottl
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Pyottl » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 am

So I read "The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring". I don't have a clue what's with the flame ring (the sun?) but as expected, the writing was rather bad, but the plot was pretty good. Like the author's first web novel, the heroine is some random girl who just wants some small thing (the first one wanted to be, well, not hungry, and this one wants to be happy), but starts out in an abysmal situation. Then, circumstances force both into joining forces with a military that is not necessarily "the good guys". However, their opponents aren't exactly "the bad guys" either - both sides are basically human, with some good goals, and some flaws. Also, both heroines are mostly cute girls, spouting random stuff (this one always goes on about the weather) but underneath are insane psychopaths (the shinigame eg. executes a bunch of her allies for a strategy, while this one sets a bunch of her allies on fire for a trick (they volunteered, admittedly). Well, all is fair in war ... ^^). Nonetheless, this one I think was clearly the less depressing one. It even has a relatively positive end.

Also read one of those reincarnation things. "I Said Make My Abilities Average!" The idea is basically, that the genre-aware protagonist doesn't want to be super-overpowered, as it usually happens, but just be an ordinary girl. Unfortunately, the God responsible for her reincarnation is kinda wonky on the whole "average human" thing, and uses pretty arbitrary and/or literal standards as to what he considers average (like, her strength isn't the arithmetic average of humans, but the median average of every creature in existence. Since that includes dragons and whatnot she ends up being super-though, obviously...). Anyway, she tries not sticking out nonetheless, but she's this typical shounen-like dense protagonist who has no clue just how obvious it is that she is completely abnormal. No matter how often she insists that she is "just a normal girl". It's nothing particularly awesome, but quite funny at times.

readerjunkie
Early Reader

Unread postby readerjunkie » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:13 am

My favorite translated novel and the only one i'am currently reading.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 am

Compared to a lot of others, the blurb didn't really attract me when I first saw it... guess I might give it a second look.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Dark Messiah is out, Way of the Clan 5 is out, Nate Temple series book 4 is out. will link up when I get a chance.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Is it just me or are all of the forums now missing from the amazon author pages?

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Not just you. I noticed it a few weeks ago already.

The forums still exist, I'm still getting email notifications for new posts, and I can follow the "see this post" link in the emails to get back to the forum. I just have no idea how to get to an author forum where I'm not already tracking a post and someone else has posted since...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”