As you can see, the Forum is now fully integrated into the overall schema of the Main Site.

Hope you like it!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Finishing series

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Mojo
Avid Reader

Finishing series

Unread postby Mojo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Instead of putting off the end of the coalescence series and moving into new books under another name, how about finishing it now and then starting under the new name with a clear slate?

Glenn Cover
Intermediate Reader

Re: Finishing series

Unread postby Glenn Cover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm

While I find that a wonderful idea, I do not see this series finishing in one book. It seems to need at least two more.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

It really depends on how I end up doing things. If the series all keep going after the end of the major arc, then it will have to be handled differently.

Still, I promise, the last book of the series was NEVER going to be next month! There are five or more books left. Possibly more, if I take any side steps.

I just need a bit of a break. Today I started working on Snowbound Nomad again. (It honestly isn't too bad, even if it is a Romance novel. At least that's what I'm trying to write. I should have that done in a week or less, as for the rough draft. That's a pen name book, but mainly so no one gets confused and accidentally reads it, trying to put it in the major P.S. Power universe arc. that would confuse people.)

It's about an ancient northland ice nomad with shapeshifting powers, from a cannibal tribe, who meets a lovely paranormal investigator when they get stuck in a small forest cabin in a freak snowstorm. Then, as they grow closer and attraction grows, they are being hunted by something... Different. Not the cannibals from the north that Dan Meers fears, but something new and equally magical. And fearsom. (It's a gang of flesh eating magic users. They get beaten when Merry and Dan work together to end their lives.)

What, you thought it was going to be about how some secretary met her new husband/boss? Nope. Not even.

I just don't know if Romance readers will like that kind of thing. Romance, but supernatural as written by someone that cares about the story and refuses to write about how vague clairvoyance makes the heroine a "witch". (Grrr. That trope bugs me. If they have magical powers then make them magical!)

Then I'm thinking about either the next infected book, which will star Argos (Jason the speedster? The really humble guy?) or the Troy trilogy. Whichever one I do, the other will probably come a month after.

I also need to get to Ragman. I might restart it. What I have is fine, but a bit... I don't know. Me like? :)

venesuna
Early Reader

Unread postby venesuna » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Finishing series of book means the story should end up in great and thrilling climax.
It is not necessary that book should end up in one series.
Their will be many series of a story.
It will take time for a story to meet its finishing stage /IT should be just a story writer have to make it in a creative way.
An attractive book with interesting story will make the readers to read all the series of that books.
It will make them read the finishing series for sure.
so a story can be made with many series .

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 am

Any idea of when we might see the third book of the coalescence series?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm working on an Infected novel right now (literally today!) The next book up is book three for Will Baker, which WILL be the last book in the Grand Arc that I have going on.

There will be other books in those universes, so all your favorite characters won't be dead (if they live through the next book, which isn't assured at all...) but those books will be under Phillip S. Power, so please spread that around? There will also be stand alone books and new trilogies under that name.

In this way, nothing will truly end, but everything will have a chance of being new. (Without a cheesy comic book universe "reboot of everything". I'm clearly saving that for later in my career.)

But to answer the question again, the third Coalescence book will be coming late next month or early next year.

Not long now, if all goes well!

*Wars and major terror attacks may slow that down, but I'll try anyway!

Return to “Off Topic”