Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Dale what authors do you read

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mojo
Avid Reader

Dale what authors do you read

Unread postby Mojo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm

So Dale, who are the authors that you enjoy reading?

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Dale what authors do you read

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:41 pm

I get to read other people? (Honestly, I really don't have that much time for that kind of thing anymore.)

I used to read almost everyone, though I did like the Early Jim Butcher stuff, and some Charlaine Harris. I love George R.R. Martins writing style, though I find his stories a little slow paced at times. (Not that mine can't be as well!)

A lot of my work was influenced by L.E. Modesitte JR. The way he focused on characters instead of just raw storyline progress was formative for me, I have to admit.

I also like Laurel K. Hamilton's work. Especially the stuff before it started to focus quite so much on sex. (Which I have no issue with, but three chapters in a row of a single orgy gets a bit focused...) She's one of the reasons that I try to end stories before everyone burns out on a specific character.

But to be fair and honest, I used to read a LOT. Ten of thousands of books. (I also read very quickly, or used to. Now I focus on each word so hard that it kind of strips the fun out of it!)

Right now, for the last few years, I mainly reread what I've written, going through one or two of my own books per week. Trying to see the mistakes and improve things.

So I still read a lot, it's just not as novel as it used to be!

I also do a lot of non-fiction reading, study and research on hundreds of topics.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”