Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Art of Being Tony

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
PS Power
Site Admin

The Art of Being Tony

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 am

A long, long time ago, I started writing an epic novel that will resonate through the centuries!

That isn't this book. No, this one is a heart warming, feel good coming of age novel.

And I started it four days ago. Then finished today. 70,000 words, from beginning to end. (For the rough draft.)

Left by his fairly horrible and neglectful mother with an uncle he's barely even heard of as being alive, Anthony Winters sets out on a journey that he never expected. Finding a real home.

This book is filled with fighting sports, overcoming obstacles, and above all learning to trust.

*It sounds sappy, but so far I actually like it myself. It has no magic, wizards, time travel or talking cats. Still, I think it might be worth reading.

:)

Just sharing.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Re: The Art of Being Tony

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:54 pm

I always like a coming of age novel, and this might be one where (fingers crossed) the good guy ends up being happy. Which. I guess some of your characters are semi-happy so far, sort of :P

You do like starting them off in a pretty bad place, then throwing the pain at them!

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Time traveling talking cat wizards... Never mind.

So will you pseudonym this one?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:03 pm

You know, I was thinking that I'd just go with my name and mark out what the book is clearly.

People are smart and will get the idea that it's different I think. (Fingers crossed?)

I'm also kicking around the idea of doing a series for it. I have at least another book already mapped out. The thing with that is, of course, that it might not be a good return on time investment. (If it sells ten copies, given how different it is, then I'll call it a win, over all. Sure it could be huge, but...)

So, I'm uncertain about that part.

Feel free to chime in, if you have opinions on that score.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Well, Greasepaint, Josh and Amy, formerly known as crayons, as well as Gratitude were done under PS Power, so really... I guess it doesn't matter, I was just curious.

If it were up to me I'd say sell it with the author name that will get you the most sales. I'm sure you have a lot of loyal fans that probably don't know of your other pen names and never bothered looking for this forum. Not sure if that's a valid point or not.

As for book two, you could always wait and see, write Gwen next, or whatever else you want.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 pm

I think the P. S.Power name will help sales. A clear label will help establish a break with the multi verse series. Greasepaint is a valid point in favor of the probable success of the new book/series. (I'm still hoping for the Chronicles part.) I say run with it. And good luck.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun May 01, 2016 2:20 am

It would help to come up with a name for the "multiverse" and clearly label all books that are part of it, to differentiate them from any books that aren't.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Sun May 01, 2016 7:12 am

I think if you've got a built in audience, who may or may not be on your mailing list, who may or may not follow the site - it's probably best just to publish as you so the audience finds it.

I agree with q - maybe even point out which series are part of the multiverse in the books listing on the site, and on the book listing in the books.

Different is good. I enjoy the multiverse, but I just read Cheat and enjoyed that too. At the same time as reading that, I saw this article on Person of Interest - which is big on AI, and what having AI means, that I found interesting in that context too http://io9.gizmodo.com/person-of-intere ... 1773486096 talking with the guys behind it about Aasmiov's Laws of Robotics, and limitations on AIs.

One thing I really enjoyed about Cheat was how much I think it could resemble our future, with 3d printing, copyright, the class divide, etc, and just how many people will be out of work when your phone replaces all secretaries, and so many jobs get centralised to so few, etc. Very true to how things could turn out.

Looking forward to seeing more new things.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun May 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Cheat actually has Alt/real characters.

Tony doesn't.

Nope, even if the names are similar! I said NOPE!

:)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”